More boost or nitrous?

1NA RUN

Established Member
This coyote has been an absolute blast to drive over the last three years. I currently put down almost 700rwhp and want to step it up a little. Already has built motor and will be building the 6R80 soon. I'm on the fence to whether add more boost to the whipple supercharger or just add nos and call it a day. I'm almost at the whipples limit with the 6 rib set up. Going 10 rib(like the cobra jets) will give me a ton more power but it is a lot more expensive then nitrous. On the other hand, I think I'd be annoyed having to constantly fill up the bottle and switch back and forth on the motor tune and nitrous tune. What are your opinions. Thank you.

Jebadias

Established Member
How much more expensive is nitrous over the 10 rib setup? How much more expensive is the 10 rib after you start buying bottles of nitrous?

I'm not knocking nitrous but adding it to your current setup would add more potential failure points (leaks/bad solinoids/switches, ect...) and the added issue of having to constantly replace and refill bottles. If you can reach your goals by upgrading your current setup I would choose that before adding another system.

1NA RUN

Established Member
Trust me, I'm leaning toward the 10 rib set up. I understand your point of view. Another concern is that there aren't many street cars out there successfully running a 10 rib set up. Makes me wonder why. I don't want to reinvent the wheel. I just wanna go fast.

Users who are viewing this thread