Montana folk

vortechlx

Join My 8 Week Program
Established Member
Billings here. Good to see Molly and Dennis representing! I'm hardly in the regional threads either. Griz won their playoff game today. I don't know what else to talk about?

montanagrog

Established Member
Ok Montana folk.....What is your winter projects?

Mine-
Parting out a 95 Cobra-Need any parts, before I post in sale section?
Rebuilding brakes-suspension on daughter's 91-possibly paint
Change out gauges, clutch quadrant, and brakes on son's 89
Full length MM sub-frames on Cobra
FRPP sub-frames, strut tower brace, and new seat upholsery on 87

vortechlx

Join My 8 Week Program
Established Member
Hey Ryan how you doing?!! Been behaven yourself?!!

Hi Dennis, I'm good time is flying. Behaving myself as best I can. Keeping the cars in the garage so only the Diesel to play with for the next 4 months.

2003 Cobra: 3.90 Gears, Derlin Bushing Kit install for sure. Possibly Bassani Mid Lengths & X-Pipe, Install my Metco 4lb Lower, New Tune.

1993 Hellion Car: Install wideband, Tune, MM Panhard Bar, Work on Crankcase Evac setup, Move Battery out of trunk back to engine bay, put back in trim pieces

2008 Nytro Snowmobile: Over the weekend installed an OFT Racing steering relocation bracket. still to do MBRP Muffler install, Team Tied Secondary Roller Clutch, High Tech 911 Cover. Ride every weekend I can!:beer:

fiveohhhstang

Established Member

Mine-
Parting out a 95 Cobra-Need any parts, before I post in sale section?
Rebuilding brakes-suspension on daughter's 91-possibly paint
Change out gauges, clutch quadrant, and brakes on son's 89
Full length MM sub-frames on Cobra
FRPP sub-frames, strut tower brace, and new seat upholsery on 87

We finally sold Kyle's '98 so there's one less payment we need to make! Woohoo!

Hopefully we will be doing a little work on my car, depending on how much we can allow for spending on it. It needs gears, front tires, rear wheel spacers, a cam, heads, intake, new seats etc. We will both be in school at MSU full time with twin boys so it might be a little bit of wishful thinking.

SVT GI

Established Member
Hey guys, I've talked to one of you before in PMs but it's been a while. The Air Force is moving my family to Great Falls next month. They couldn't of picked a worse time of year to move me i guess. Anyway, my wife has family in Billings and Lewistown so I'm sure we will be making the trip a few times. Especially to Lewistown, I see they have a track :-D.
We are bringing our two 04 Cobra's and the 93 Cobra. We have to ship the 04's and haul the 93 with the F350. I'm not to thrilled about hauling on winter roads. I spent 6 years in Cheyenne, Wy so I'm not a stranger to driving on winter roads, just not a fan of it. Anyway, just thought I'd say hi.

Jason

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
Hi Jason! Yes, lewistown has a track and billings does also! We are moving from great falls to bozeman the week after Christmas, so I hear ya about moving in the snow. No fun.

Wraith_2006

Established Member
holy smokes....people are actually in here :) Just an introduction i guess, my name is Dustin, I live in GF and drive a 96 white cobra. part toy/part DD in the summer.

SVT GI

Established Member
Hey Dustin, whats the car scene like in GF? Do all the sports cars come out to play in the summer? I'm a fan of all but partial to Mustangs. Is there any speed/dyno shops around?

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
holy smokes....people are actually in here :) Just an introduction i guess, my name is Dustin, I live in GF and drive a 96 white cobra. part toy/part DD in the summer.

Do you dd your Cobra? I vaguely remember seeing an sn95 kind of recently (before all of this cold and snow!) with white wheels. Might not have been you, I didn't catch if it was a cobra or not.

Too bad I didn't know there was another svtp member in GF, Kyle and I could have met up with you sometime this summer!

montanagrog

Established Member
Just a side note-the 5 Valley Ford Club will their annual spring car show on May 1st at Bitterrot Ford here in Missoula. Due to my being the Montana state rep. for Saleen Club of America, I host a dinner/get-together at my house friday night, the 30th, for them. It would be great to have a SVTPerformance gathering too! I believe that the Washington SVTOA group will be here also.

Interest?

Last edited:

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
That would be great, Dennis! We would definetly be interested in something like that depending on what is going on for us at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread