• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Monsters Among US - More Details Emerge on Ford's New Godzilla (7X) V8 Engine

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by SID297, Jun 26, 2018.

1. SID297

SID297 OWNER/ADMIN Staff Member Administrator

Add a VMP blower.

2. SnakeBoostE85

SnakeBoostE85 whipped and korned Established Member

If it wasn't setup with boost from the factory, then it will likely not be forged and properly setup to handle boost. Will end up just like every other N/A piece of crap...

3. SID297

SID297 OWNER/ADMIN Staff Member Administrator

Terminator engine started out life in this;

DSC05532.jpg

lexustech48 likes this.
  4. Vonbrandwolf

Vonbrandwolf New Member Established Member

I have a really hard time seeing this as a step in the right direction. I mean sure, it makes sense from a manufacturers standpoint to create a simplistic single cam engine for industrial applications, but I don't see this motor ever being used for any car platform or performance application. The 6.2 held a lot of potential that was never realized. A DOHC head would have pushed it's performance potential past any LS currently on offer, but instead of further developing a proven design Ford instead chooses to regress to the 60's with this monstrosity? Here's hoping this is all an internet ruse.

5. lexustech48

lexustech48 I like Fords n stuff Premium Member Established Member

I think its a very real engine. Super Duty and Chassis cab Ford trucks are this engine's destination. This engine may never see past 5,000 RPMs, peak torque probably kicking in from 1600-2000 RPM. For the intended application, thats all it needs. Make no mistake though, Ford has a MASSIVE market share of the Motor home and Moving truck industry.

A powertrain with the following qualities could cover a HUGE portion of Fords market:

1. Smaller engine package with bigger displacement offering simple repairs.
    2. More efficiency with modern cylinder head design and direct injection.
    3. 10 speed automatic. Think 10R140 etc.

For 4 distinct markets, 1 engine and 1 transmisison could be a game changer if its powerful, reliable, runs off regular 87 and has easy maintenance requirements.

If the consumer base yells loudly enough, it could push Ford to offer this as an option in a Raptor truck. Have a Raptor 445 engine team, something similar to the GT500 and GT350 engine build teams. 10-12 2-man teams in a separate section of the engine plant and have them use the blocks and heads from the production engine. Add forged cranks, rods and pistons with a performance cam and you have another Ford Performance (cough *SVT*) winner.

***edit*** ONE thing that may keep the 445 out of the Raptor is emissions and CAFE. The Super Duty, F450-750, Chassis Cab, Motorhomes and Moving trucks are classified under different emission standards than the F-150. I think its possible that the engineers might be able to get this thing to pass F-150 standards, or they may need to plan a limited production number to exempt the engine from F-150 standards and keep it F250+ standards.

My opinion of course, this thing would make a BAD ASS Raptor engine.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    03Sssnake likes this.