Monitors not ready SCT PRP

BRileyNV

Established Member
Update: It appears itzl0l is correct. On that hunch I turned EGR back on in PRP by setting all EGR parameters back to stock. Cobbled up a "system" and took it for a drive. The EGR monitor became ready on a 5 min drive and today, 20 mins on the highway Catalyst Monitor became ready. All Monitors Ready.

Since I really don't have a proper EGR setup because my eaton setup doesn't have provisions, this is how I tricked the ECM into thinking its operational. (Of course for off road use only) I simply plugged the EGR Vacuum Regulator and DPFE valve back into the harness (with it deleted I just tucked the connectors in). I ran manifold vacuum to the regulator and then from the regulator to the Ref port on the DPFE. So when the computer signals the EGR regulator to open the EGR valve, I am really sending manifold vacuum to the DPFE where it senses a pressure differential. So far no codes after about 60 miles of driving. I plan to remove the sensor setup and turn EGR back off in the tune in the near future anyway. This is just temporary.

So if for some reason you want no more than a single monitor not-ready, and your EGR deleted, one option is to turn on EGR in the tune, trick the DPFE like I did and barring any other issues the Catalyst Monitor (and others) should eventually show ready.
Is there anyway you can show me how you did this I am having the same issues. Any help would be great

Sent from my SM-N960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

https://www.svtperformance.com/threads/monitors-not-ready-sct-prp.1091364/

Users who are viewing this thread