Money race: Nitrous C6 ZR1 vs TT S550 5.0

MG0h3

Established Member
Might have missed it but stock long block on the 550?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Street car vs race car. No surprise

They were not racing from a dig, and you are talking about a sprayed ZR1 from a 60 roll.

Fixed it for you.

Could someone increase my knowledge and tell me why the mustang was so jumpy before they started?

E

It looked like he did that to keep the boost pressure up before the hit in lieu of brake boosting.

Zemedici

Established Member
Street car vs race car. No surprise

Out here its run what you brung.

Shoulda brought it all, especially if you're betting money......

Dont think anyone cares about 'street car vs race car' when there's cash involved.

Not to mention the mustang still has A/C and PS I bet....lololol

Boss's car makes 1200+whp, and is still a very real street car.

Kiohtee

Established Member
With as serious an amount as $4,400 involved, I'd be willing to bet both parties thought they had a good chance at beating the other, so get out of here with that street car vs racecar BS. I'm also curious as to what made the Mustang a racecar. The parachute? Nah. If the guy does a serious amount of racing, which is apparent he does, then it's just easier to leave it on and packed up.

Don't confuse crazy power with racecar anymore. These days, a stock motor Coyote can make 800-900rwhp (albeit on a time bomb).

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
So? Did both not come out to race? Clearly the streetcar thought it had a chance.
Out here its run what you brung.

Shoulda brought it all, especially if you're betting money......

Dont think anyone cares about 'street car vs race car' when there's cash involved.

Not to mention the mustang still has A/C and PS I bet....lololol

Boss's car makes 1200+whp, and is still a very real street car.

I didn’t say the zr1 didn’t think he had a chance, I just stated I wasn’t surprised by the outcome, when you consider the Mustang was on slicks and skinnies, auto, weight reduction, and a parachute, while the zr1 was on street wheel set up and a 6 spd.

fearthesnake

Established Member
I didn’t say the zr1 didn’t think he had a chance, I just stated I wasn’t surprised by the outcome, when you consider the Mustang was on slicks and skinnies, auto, weight reduction, and a parachute, while the zr1 was on street wheel set up and a 6 spd.
You reckon the Vette guy had that oh crap feeling when the 5.0 showed up with a parachute!. I know I would have.

Kiohtee

Established Member

Sounds like ZR1 driver's fault to me. Lol

I used to daily my '11 with a spool and bigs and littles back when I had it. Twas a bottle car and did exceptionally well on the street, especially considering I could go from a dig anywhere, anytime. There's a guy around here who doesn't daily, but nearly does, a parachute S550 car. Definitely runs single digits, but other than that I don't know what it does. TT, E85, 6R80, etc.

Zemedici

Established Member
Sounds like ZR1 driver's fault to me. Lol

I used to daily my '11 with a spool and bigs and littles back when I had it. Twas a bottle car and did exceptionally well on the street, especially considering I could go from a dig anywhere, anytime. There's a guy around here who doesn't daily, but nearly does, a parachute S550 car. Definitely runs single digits, but other than that I don't know what it does. TT, E85, 6R80, etc.

So ricey to daily drive a car with the chute on the back.

Oh you deploy that daily? No?

Kiohtee

Established Member
So ricey to daily drive a car with the chute on the back.

Oh you deploy that daily? No?

I mean, local dude hits the local tracks three times a week, so I don't fault him for just driving with it on. Makes a hell of a statement IMO. Especially seeing the car on bigs and littles with the chute on a rainy day. Funny sight to see. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread