Mondeo mass air conversion

CSVT5416

Established Member
It's the swap from the factory mass air on the contour. To the Mondeo st220 mass air. It combines the AIT with the mass air sensor. Instead of using the platinum mesh... It uses a filament to measure the air. So it's less restrictive.

67Stang/00CSVT

Established Member
sounds interesting. with anything thats less restrictive, it leads to a more efficient burning of fuel because there is more air in the cylinder. of course you already knew that, so im just being captain obvious there. ive read gains of 5 to 10 horsepower can be achieved from just a cold air intake, so im assuming that youve already done that when you installed the new maf, so you should expect in the ball park of 10-15 hp gains. buuut, thats only from what ive read.
side question, did you just go to the parts store and say 'hey i need this for my car' and they get you one or did you order it online?

CSVT5416

Established Member
No. I called SVT Jared at Alicrity Motorsports and he had it at his shop. And no I don't have a CAI yet and even so I still noticed a good increase in overall smoothness and it just runs so much better. Remember, it's the English version of our cars. So getting the mass air might be a little hard. Luckily Jared had one. You have to modify the plugs to make the Mondeo MAF work. Our cars have a 4 wire MAF and a 2 wire AIT sensor. Whereas the Mondeo has them combined into one plug.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread