Monday Morning - Need Some Help

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Well at 5AM this morning my transmission came apart in my 93 Notch:nonono:

AAA was kind enough to drop me off at work this morning as they towed car to Billy's.

DOES ANYONE HAVE A T5 I CAN PURCHASE TODAY FROM YA?

PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

Thanks - Anthony

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Good luck, Anthony. Billy found the T5 case he needed for me on ebay, he's a good shopper.
But in 1 day..hope you find something.

SVTORANGE

Established Member

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Thanks very much for the information.
Billy ordered me a new one and I am working with person I just bought car from to get the current T5 fixed since he told me it was just rebuilt prior to purchasing the car:nonono:

It might have been. They break easily. My green car is on T5 number 4 or 5..I forget which. The last one, a word class, blew up doing a burnout after a rainstorm. Car hit a patch of dry pavement just as I was coming off throttle, tires caught and boom. Goodbye 3rd (yes, I was in 3rd..). I was a kid then..I wish I'd kept it for a rebuild, because I never have liked the T5 from a 93 cobra that's in the car now..the gear ratios in the world class just felt so much better.

Anyway, if you are making any kind of power, get used to rebuilding/replacing them. I'd strongly suggest upgrading to a Tremec 3550, TKO 600 or a T56.

Last edited:

SVTORANGE

Established Member
It might have been. They break easily. My green car is on T5 number 4 or 5..I forget which. The last one, a word class, blew up doing a burnout after a rainstorm. Car hit a patch of dry pavement just as I was coming off throttle, tires caught and boom. Goodbye 3rd (yes, I was in 3rd..). I was a kid then..I wish I'd kept it for a rebuild, because I never have liked the T5 from a 93 cobra that's in the car now..the gear ratios in the world class just felt so much better.

Anyway, if you are making any kind of power, get used to rebuilding/replacing them. I'd strongly suggest upgrading to a Tremec 3550, TKO 600 or a T56.

Just not feeling the T56 swap yet as that will be a little pricey for now. It should be find with new World Class T5Z trans in it:rockon:

Appreciate the good advice thou!

Last edited:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
just not feeling the T56 swap yet as that will be a little pricey for now. It should be find with new World Class T5Z trans in it:rockon:

You'll love how that trans feels, but like I said..if you are modded, treat it with kid gloves. It's not difficult to destroy one of those. My car went through it's transmissions when it was only a bolt on car..exhaust, gears, roller rockers and the like.

I have enough passes on my current trans that it sounds a little like a school bus in first gear, and most of those runs were with an intake, mildly ported E7's, and the same exhaust setup as before.

I dare not hammer down hard now with the 331 up there..

SVTORANGE

Established Member
You'll love how that trans feels, but like I said..if you are modded, treat it with kid gloves. It's not difficult to destroy one of those. My car went through it's transmissions when it was only a bolt on car..exhaust, gears, roller rockers and the like.

I have enough passes on my current trans that it sounds a little like a school bus in first gear, and most of those runs were with an intake, mildly ported E7's, and the same exhaust setup as before.

I dare not hammer down hard now with the 331 up there..

LMAO I am tracking as I have an IRS in it with 410 gears it was pretty snappy to say the least with not much done to it at all. GT40 intake and that's it for mods so far.

04yellowcobra

Established Member
My t5 holds up just fine behind my coyote!! It's got a stock case ... But that is about it for stock!

Anthony hopefully you didn't pay to much for the new one. Because your current trans could be built up to hold big power for only a couple bucks more than a new stock unit.

Good luck!

SVTORANGE

Established Member
My t5 holds up just fine behind my coyote!! It's got a stock case ... But that is about it for stock!

Anthony hopefully you didn't pay to much for the new one. Because your current trans could be built up to hold big power for only a couple bucks more than a new stock unit.

Good luck!

Much appreciated

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
LMAO I am tracking as I have an IRS in it with 410 gears it was pretty snappy to say the least with not much done to it at all. GT40 intake and that's it for mods so far.

Yeah they do well even stock. Throw some heads on that thing and really wake it up...:banana:

Good luck!

What this man said. I was going to ask how your trans was holding up...I thought Astro and GForce re-enforced the stock case too though, because I thought case distortion was one of the things that broke the T5 in high power applications. I LOVE how a T5 shifts, but I'm worried I'll destroy mine if I beat on it at this point. Then again, with a stock blocked 331 I won't be spinning mine up much past 5500 or so, so I may opt for a TKO600 instead of a built T5...whenever I get the budget for that. lol.

That said...Anthony, the clutch you use matters. The harder the clutch hits, the more likely you are to bust your trans. So in the interest of keeping your T5 alive, I'd suggest a clutch that has some slip to it when beat on hard.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Also, if you don't already have one..get a shifter, a good one. Missing 3rd in a T5 is a pretty easy way to bust a gear.

Users who are viewing this thread