Mold in the headliner

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
ok so I have a ford Escape that I had the Shark Fin scraped off. I patched the hole with a baggie and silicone intending to get it fixed when I had time. Unfortunately I didn't get it done quick enough and we had a couple of really bad storms a couple weeks ago. the patch apparently developed a leak and water got in. prior to this it had held up well in the rain. Anyway now I have a bit of mold in the headliner that I need to do something about.

So best way to get this fixed before it gets bad enough I have to replace the liner?

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
First thing to do is fix the leak. Then give it a good bath with mold cleaner/controller from Lowe’s or Home Depot.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
200.gif

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Are you really this ****ing stupid? Don’t bother responding. It’s rhetorical. The answer is obvious
Just had to get a jab in for old times sake. To help answer your original question, it depends on how much water got in and how you determined it. Also, humidity while drying will play a significant role in mold development. Don’t leave the windows up if you can park it in a garage or covered parking.

to answer your other question…… no

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
ok so I have a ford Escape that I had the Shark Fin scraped off. I patched the hole with a baggie and silicone intending to get it fixed when I had time. Unfortunately I didn't get it done quick enough and we had a couple of really bad storms a couple weeks ago. the patch apparently developed a leak and water got in. prior to this it had held up well in the rain. Anyway now I have a bit of mold in the headliner that I need to do something about.

So best way to get this fixed before it gets bad enough I have to replace the liner?

1) Rubber plug/grommet
2) JB Weld Plastic until it can be permanently filled.

You can try JB Weld Steel too, but it gets like hard as well, steel.

Users who are viewing this thread