Mods required to safely get 800 RWHP on pump gas?

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
No need to worry about 800 wheel on 93. What I mean is that you wouldn't be "safe" on 93 with that blower at 800 wheel. Just run the E85 and be happy with the safeguard it can provide. Trying to see 800 wheel on 93 with our cars is not going to happen without methanol injection as stated above. Even if you get to that, why would you want to risk destroying a motor over saying "I make 800 wheel on 93". I guess I'm not understanding that logic here. Why do you want to make 800 on 93? Because it sounds cool? I'd rather roll on ethanol and feel good about its benefits.

44shelby

Established Member
Why not just get it tuned with some boostane or torco? Have 2 tunes. One for e85 and one for 93 and the addative.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Pump out the tank and run E85 and get over it.

I make over 800 rwhp on corn, 22 psi with a built motor (higher C.R.). Built to run E85 only, I let it sit all winter (5-6 months) no problem.

My buddies car made 745 hp on a stock motor, E85 at 24 psi with a 2.8H L.C. KB.

I bet stock motor you will need to be in the 26 psi range on corn to make 800 rwhp. Easiest way to add more power is to raise the C.R., which means new pistons and a built motor.

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
How?

Loosen four Allen screws.

Remove belt.

R&R pulley.

Install belt.

Tighten Allen screws.

Load proper tune.

I could do that before those guys got their car jacked up or on a loft and the fitting off their FF.

Then you gotta deal with the mess…

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Grab the stop watch. Let’s do this nascar pit crew style :)
We can agree to disagree.
Most are running aftermarket rails and FPR at this level, so the under hood fitting is easy and mess free.
-J

GodStang

Established Member
Install a MS3PNP and flex fuel sensor or other. It automatically changes the tune on the fly no matter what fuel you have in it. No flip chip, no dance, no measuring content. Fill up and go.

As far as pulley swap. Back when I ran a stock computer I could swap pulley, belt, and tune in gas station parking lot in well under 5 mins. Not a big deal.

We also ran a disconnect right before the fuel filter and a switch to run the pumps to drain the tank quickly.

As far as “800 rwhp” on 93ish safely is not the easiest. A lot of these guys that have big dyno numbers get a lot of help to have “numbers” for the gram. You can spike high numbers on a dyno but on the street the car is not really making them.

You can up the compression, stroke it, cam it, better heads, yadda yadda yadda, but 93 and 800rw on these cars I would not say is the safest.

Just my opinion don’t get butt hurt.

stangfreak

Established Member
800 rwhp on 93? 03 cobra? won't happen. I heard guys who use VP C85 dont have issues storing the car over the winter??

Users who are viewing this thread