Modified FPDM??

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I installed a 2.9 Whipple with supporting mods. I went with the 340lph DW pumps since they were a direct fit with the stock hat(I want to modify as little as possible).
While data logging, my fuel pumps show to max at 4K rpms. My questions are:
Could this actually not be the case, but the computer shows they are maxed because they are full duty at that point?
Will a modified FPDM get the pumps where I need them?
Where do I find a FPDM?

Thank you to anyone who helps

MG0h3

Established Member
Black306 used to make modified FPDMs

Or you could run a BAP

As far as what your duty cycle is, I can’t comment as I’m not familiar with those pumps in conjunction with your stock fuel system.

Your pcm will try and increase fuel pump duty cycle up when it sees a demand for fuel. It’s very possible that your injector size, rails, lines are being sucked dry and it’s not the fuel pump capability, but what you’re pushing it through

That being said, I’m @19/20 psi on E85 with stock rails on ID1000s. Your stock feed line is pretty damn big.

What’s your injector size?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
80lb injectors At first I thought maybe one of the pumps stopped working for some reason. I’m getting ready to drop the tank and test them, but if they are working(brand new in the box) then I’m trying to determine if a modified FPDM will solve the issue.

Fwiw it’s a 2.9 with a 3.5” pulley, so nothing crazy

Users who are viewing this thread