Modified F Body Value

noco5.0

Established Member
I know this is a Ford forum but in my time here I've posted more about my Hellcat than the Mustang I owned or my current Explorer Sport. I would be curious if anyone has an opinion on what this F body I'm thinking of buying is worth. I'm currently looking at a pretty heavily modified 2002 Camaro SS with t-tops and a manual transmission. It's supposed to have 16 thousand miles. It has a Pro Charger, Moser 12 Bolt rear end, upgraded transmission and clutch, and Baer Claw aftermarket brakes. It also has an aftermarket cooling system, beefed up suspension, etc. It was owned by a doctor and he dumped a lot of money in this thing. I plan on verifying the mileage through Car Fax. I own a Hellcat so wasn't really looking for an F body, but if I can get it for a good price I might have some fun with it for a year or two and then hope to sell it to the next person. I don't want to lose a bunch of money though so would like opinions on what it's worth? Thanks

ViciousJay

Established Member
If the body lines are clean because the F-Body's tend to have body twist due to t-tops then you're fine. It sounds like a clean car with the mileage but offloading the Hellcat is the question, are you taking a huge it or coming out clean?

noco5.0

Established Member
If the body lines are clean because the F-Body's tend to have body twist due to t-tops then you're fine. It sounds like a clean car with the mileage but offloading the Hellcat is the question, are you taking a huge it or coming out clean?
I'm keeping my Hellcat regardless. I drove this thing and it was fun and definitely made power, but didn't pull like my Hellcat. If I bought this I would autocross the crap out of it and not care. The Hellcat sucks for that purpose and is more fun to just drive. I would use the F body primarily on the track.

ViciousJay

Established Member
I'm keeping my Hellcat regardless. I drove this thing and it was fun and definitely made power, but didn't pull like my Hellcat. If I bought this I would autocross the crap out of it and not care. The Hellcat sucks for that purpose and is more fun to just drive. I would use the F body primarily on the track.
Snag the f-body then, if it's a turn around car then it's a no brainer. If it was WS6 I'd say keep it but Camaro's are dime a dozen.

Recommendation! if staying N/A dump a reverse split cam in plus ported heads

Sirraf

Established Member
No way I would drop 13k on an Fbody, no matter the condition. For 15-16k you could get a high mileage C5Z06 and have a better AutoX platform.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Not feeling those wheels although appearance probably does not matter for what you want to do with it. $13k seems rich.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I think like $6 dollars, but @03Sssnake has maybe $15 dollars in his.

giphy.gif

noco5.0

Established Member
I'll check into the RPO Code. This thing is far from stock. Below is the mod list the owner sent me

Engine/Induction:
ATI P-1SC1 Pro Charger (centrifugal supercharger), 7 psi
Aqua Mist induction cooler
Rocker arm package, titanium springs
Vortech injectors

Drivetrain:
Rocklin Standard Gear Racing Transmission (Hurst shifter, skip shift eliminator)
Moser 12-bolt rear end with 3:73 gears
Exedy double plate clutch
Spohn adjustable torque arm

Suspension, frame and brakes:
Strut tower brace, subframe connectors
Torque arm
Blistein shocks, Eibach springs
Reinforced control arm, panhard bar, sway bar
Bear Claw brake system

Exhaust:
Edelbrock shorty headers
SLP Y Pipe