Model A Club | MotorWeek Over the Edge

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That was a cool video to watch. Nice to hear there are so many Model A owners out there. Model As definitely have such a special place in the history of the automobile. Long live the Model A.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
There is something just right about a Model A in an "All that you need" kind of way. My choice would be a pick-up, followed by a roadster.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
What kind of shape are they in?
All conditions. 3 in particular that are world class, including one that is all original with 14k miles. Some are "very nice", others have a high degree of originality, or are restored to a "b" level. Not many "basket cases" left (luckily). Majority would be able to be driven (with fuel and a battery).

Just to elaborate on how many Model A's have been built? In 2021, Toyota celebrated the 10 millionth Camry. Ford built 4.8m in the MYs 1927-1931.

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
All conditions. 3 in particular that are world class, including one that is all original with 14k miles. Some are "very nice", others have a high degree of originality, or are restored to a "b" level. Not many "basket cases" left (luckily). Majority would be able to be driven (with fuel and a battery).

Just to elaborate on how many Model A's have been built? In 2021, Toyota celebrated the 10 millionth Camry. Ford built 4.8m in the MYs 1927-1931.

That's awesome. Probably didn't cost him an arm and a leg either.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
That's awesome. Probably didn't cost him an arm and a leg either.
Most, nope.

One thing for sure, they are not rapidly appreciating.... (you see softening of non "blue chip" cars all the way through the 60's, as the people most interested are passing on).

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Most, nope.

One thing for sure, they are not rapidly appreciating.... (you see softening of non "blue chip" cars all the way through the 60's, as the people most interested are passing on).

That's what I'm counting on, picking up some cheap toys as prices drop. I want driver quality ones.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
That's what I'm counting on, picking up some cheap toys as prices drop. I want driver quality ones.
Driver quality market correction is for sure happening now (just look past the continued high end insanity like what happened at RM Miami on Saturday). ......

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Driver quality market correction is for sure happening now (just look past the continued high end insanity like what happened at RM Miami on Saturday). ......

The woman wants a Model T, I want something a bit more sophisticated than that. I wouldn't mind finding a decent 37 hotrod and making it a more original with a V8 flatty. I like the post war stuff too. I mainly want a modded flat head V8.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
The woman wants a Model T, I want something a bit more sophisticated than that. I wouldn't mind finding a decent 37 hotrod and making it a more original with a V8 flatty. I like the post war stuff too. I mainly want a modded flat head V8.
A T is virtually un driveable (just does not go fast enough, to really safely use on the street), in addition to the non traditional controls. A's (stock) really are only good to 45-50. Later or modded cars, you can start to think about the highway. Do remember though a stock A has mechanical brakes (rods).

Flat head V-8 opens a lot of doors.

Never thought I would talk about Model A's here.......

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
A T is virtually un driveable (just does not go fast enough, to really safely use on the street), in addition to the non traditional controls. A's (stock) really are only good to 45-50. Later or modded cars, you can start to think about the highway. Do remember though a stock A has mechanical brakes (rods).

The A would just be for running around locally. I would take a Shoe Box on 2-Lane road trips.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member

Always wanted to build something like a Pre-War Buick Straight 8 into a drift car.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
I want a model A or early Ford. Already got my period correct small block chevy sitting in the shop, slowly accumulating parts for the build...

Fat Boss

Established Member

That's true about T's. I tell people my dad's 112 year old Ford (bought from Bill Harrah in 1971) is great to drive down a straight country road with no stops or turns. They hadn't figured out negative camber in those days, so forget turning on an off camber road.

All you guys who complain about new cars not having a soul and taking the joy out of it forget you're using "juice" brakes and more than likely a distributor with vacuum or some other automated advance on the spark. Ain't nobody got time for that.

My dad always like the A's, but got into Model B's and never looked back. Dad's Deuce 5 Window is a Dearborn Award winner, but he put an overdrive on it and actually drives it on the freeway from time to time.

My dad and his Model T recently, and the day he bought it. It's all all wooden body and was produced before the assembly line.

80-june_2010_202016_zpsh51y6f2y_ce5ab0d5444897964f40bbeff5f3cf97bad058bc.jpg

80-20200109_165758_16007d5179d0ab0c2b250d933948706991d0dfb6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread