Modded the Evenflow coolant mod

Steve2050

Established Member
I hated the heater hose look so my tuner suggested to run AN fittings and braided hose. I decided to do the coolant mod since the blower was off anyways. What do guys guys think?
Whippleinstall009.jpg
[/IMG]
Whippleinstall004.jpg
[/IMG]

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
If you just don't like the look of heater hose maybe you could have used black AN fittings to make it appear more factory. I'm all for making things like that look like they came that way. I use heater hose on mine, but ran it lower on the valve cover to hide it more. From the front of the car you can't really see it at all.

BTW, how much did that cost you in fittings?

351sf0w.jpg

Last edited:

Steve2050

Established Member
I never thought about the black fittings, good idea. I'm probably into $60 for fittings and hose. The Whipple is on and I fired it up last night, hoping to dyno tune tonight.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Now it looks like the "Invictus" version that isn't sold anymore. I have that one, and like you, bought it because the other one just looked cheap to me, even though it functions exactly the same. I also hated the adapter with all of the hose clamps, so mine will be plumbed directly into the crossover with AN fittings for a really clean look.

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
I never thought about the black fittings, good idea. I'm probably into $60 for fittings and hose. The Whipple is on and I fired it up last night, hoping to dyno tune tonight.

COOL! Congrats on the Whipple.. you will love it!

I saw these pics on this site a couple years ago. I love the mods to make the Evenflow appear stock. I thought about doing the same thing.. only painting it black for the factory look. Who ever owns this car... NICE work!

:rockon:

2nw0dfq.jpg

Nice weld, and chrome, job... looks like a factory part.

23li4b5.jpg

black 10th vert

Established Member
That is exactly how I'm doing mine, except with less fittings than he has to adapt it to the pipe. Mine will be a single AN nipple on the pipe, then just the socket end on the hose itself. I originally planned to chrome mine, but may just powder coat it due to my local chromer going out of business.

Black Sex

Established Member
If you just don't like the look of heater hose maybe you could have used black AN fittings to make it appear more factory. I'm all for making things like that look like they came that way. I use heater hose on mine, but ran it lower on the valve cover to hide it more. From the front of the car you can't really see it at all.

BTW, how much did that cost you in fittings?

351sf0w.jpg

I dont think the hoses look bad...i think its all the hose clamps on the right side of motor is what looks crappy. I count 8 clamps in about a 2 sqft area...not a whole lot you can do about it though
Has anyone ever tried painting the clamps black so they match the hose?

is it only me or the oil catch can its routed incorrectly on the drivers side valve cover?

Thats how mine is and it works fine

Last edited:

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
I dont think the hoses look bad...i think its all the hose clamps on the right side of motor is what looks crappy. I count 8 clamps in about a 2 sqft area...not a whole lot you can do about it though
Has anyone ever tried painting the clamps black so they match the hose?

Did you just say my Whippled motor looks like crap?:lol1:

Guessing you are counting the clamps that hold my intake together too?

I can honestly say nobody has told me they notice the clamps. HA HA!

30dcu10.jpg

Last edited:

8URZ-28

Boost Freak
Established Member
Im not a fan of the hose clamped look myself. I just welded a fitting in the crossover tube, looks much cleaner.

Last edited:

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
I also thought about having a fitting welded into my crossover pipe but ran out of time (patience :lol1:). So, I went ahead and insalled the fitting that came with my Evenflow kit.

Maybe someday I'll get the time and the energy to pull off the crossover pipe and have a fitting welded into it...:shrug:

Last edited:

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
COOL! Congrats on the Whipple.. you will love it!

I saw these pics on this site a couple years ago. I love the mods to make the Evenflow appear stock. I thought about doing the same thing.. only painting it black for the factory look. Who ever owns this car... NICE work!

:rockon:

2nw0dfq.jpg

Nice weld, and chrome, job... looks like a factory part.

23li4b5.jpg

hey, thats me...lol. Heres a newer pic with a few more braided lines to go with the cooling mod line (sorry for the crappy pic, i need a new camera)

S6301031.gif

Users who are viewing this thread