Mod Guru's please step in

Bluemach91

Loch Nar
Established Member
I have a 2004 Mach 1 with 94xxx on it and I am having some serious issues I need fixed asap.

I had the clutch changed in my car about 2 weeks ago and when I got it back it clicked. When I have the clutch pedal pressed it would make this sort of clacking noise. Took it to the shop, they messed with it and turns out my flywheel was warped. My bad for not resurfacing it.They went and had it turned, twice to be specific. Costly lesson learned. I got it back and now it vibrates like it has 7 dead cylinders and STILL CLICKS when the clutch is pressed it. I know the car needed motor mounts so I figured that was it, so I took the car back to the shop again to have the mounts changed and to figure out why the transmission was still clicking. They had an idea that because I put syncromesh in it that it may have messed something up. Oh well, lets figure it out. After they tore the tranny down I was told it looked damn near brand new on the inside. Okay, that sucks. They have a clutch on the shelf and said they will swap me to see if that is what is causing the noise. Maybe it was just a bad disk from Exedy. Nope.

Got the car back again today and it vibrates like its running on 6 cylinders and still ****ing clicks. The clicking didn't start until the clutch was changed. The vibration didn't start until the flywheel was turned.

What the eff? I have a hair over 2 grand into a simple clutch job.

03SonicBlueGT

Hear Me?!
Established Member
Maybe the warped flywheel jacked your disc up? :shrug:

Just a thought..

Can you take a vid of the noise?

Last edited:

TKat13

Under Construction
Established Member
Do you have any clutch adjusters installed? If so, make sure the cable is on it properly. Very tough to tell without hear it.

Are you sure your flywheel was warped? I have seen people turn the flywheels and make them worse. Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread