Mod Friendly Dealer In OC?

Bone Stock SVT

My TOB is starting to sound like a squirl in a blender. The other half of the time it's chirping away like a bird .:bash:

I'ts time to visit the dealer again but I now have an AR CIA. Where should I take it? I live in South OC but will go anywhere in the LA area if I have to.

Thanks..... JB

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
Another victim of the weak azz Ford clutch. Welcome to the club.

Oh, and with no mods, no warranty for me on the clutch. Oh well. I guess that means I can mod the hell out of it, since they aren't covering squat.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
what reason did they give for not covering the clutch under warranty? is it one of those "wear" items that aren't covered for more than a year? :(

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
Posting too much, not enough energy to argue with Ford, must have car back after 4 days.

The official version was " the pressure plate, throwout and clutch fork are all in spec, it just wore out, and so is not covered.

I think I know the reason for the clutch failures, and will discuss tomorrow.

Bone Stock SVT

Originally posted by 03_Sonic Blur

I think I know the reason for the clutch failures, and will discuss tomorrow.

My clutch has always been as hard as a rock. I read on another post that that may play a part.

I hope my bearing sleeve or whatever you call that part is damage free. :nonono:

Bone Stock SVT

Originally posted by 03_Sonic Blur
Been finding it hard to shift when it's hot, like after the car is good and warm, and you just wound out 2nd, and third grinds?

Not yet. Maybe a little trouble shifting but nothing else yet.

I thought I had the tick a month after I bought it. Sounded like a faint exhaust leak. I think it's been the TOB the whole time.

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
Get your clutch looked at now, and PM me when you get it back. I am curious about your experience, but don't want to set you off in one direction based on a hare brained theory I have. Tomorrow, I may decide I'm all wet, but the engineer in me says " Follow the scientific method".

When I have proof, I will start a thread in the Terminator forum, and we'll see how many have fallen victim.

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
High Octane,

make sure they check the throwout guide tube for signs of wear or binding. I believe that the reason the clutch has problems is due to the throwout under the pressure of the stock pressure plate binds on the guide tube. This may prevent the clutch from fully engaging, inducing slip. The more it slips, the hotter it gets, warping the clutch plate. The warp prevent ths the clutch from fully disengaging. See the clip from the T-56 Service Manual

Bone Stock SVT

I verified that when my car is hot, the TOB noise gets worse and the shifter feels weak. It feels soft and it's hard to find the gears.

Some days I swear my clutch feels softer too, then the next day back to normal like a friggen rock.

Users who are viewing this thread