mobile friendly version

sn8kbte

1999 ELECTRIC GREEN
Established Member
Well I'm able to surf svt with no problem on my blackberry. Same with my buddy on his iphone I can view it mobile or regular. That's how I'm always on here. But if they make it an APP that would be sweet.

hand-to-ball

That Was Just Your Life
Established Member
Yes please. With an 'SVT' logo shortcut available! I have a Blackberry Tour, btw.

Third Honk

It's OK, I'm Handsome
Established Member
Yes. A mobile simple version would make navigating MUCH easier. My other local forums have them and it's great for the phone

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
I love the fact that on the jesus phone you can see the 'real' internet and I hate the 'mobile' friendly sites you get on the blackberry's (and on occasion the jesus phone) because it's watered down and the interfaces suck ass.

So I say yes (for those with weakberry's) but please put a link on the bottom of the page some where that says full site so that us jesus phone user's can enjoy the site how it's meant to be seen.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I love the fact that on the jesus phone you can see the 'real' internet and I hate the 'mobile' friendly sites you get on the blackberry's (and on occasion the jesus phone) because it's watered down and the interfaces suck ass.

So I say yes (for those with weakberry's) but please put a link on the bottom of the page some where that says full site so that us jesus phone user's can enjoy the site how it's meant to be seen.

You can set your browser to bring up either the normal HTML site or the mobile version of the site. Plus, usually sites have a different URL for their mobile version, like CrackBerry Mobile or something of that nature. Most blackberries are able to see the normal version of a site, but having a small screen makes it tough. Plus waiting for a shit ton of graphics to come up when all you want to see is the words is kind of pointless. Mobile versions of forums are usually pretty nice.

Third Honk

It's OK, I'm Handsome
Established Member
You can set your browser to bring up either the normal HTML site or the mobile version of the site.

Exactly, that's all I want to know. On all the other forums I'm on the regular version would be

www.svtperformance/forums/usercp.php

for a mobil version you would input

www.svtperformance/forums/usercp.php[U]?styleid=X[/U]

The X would be a number (usually 1-10.) I thought most forums came with these simple modes so all we need to know is the styleid number for the simple mode. You use the normal address for your computer and input the styleid with the number for simple format for you phone. This really shouldn't be any work, we just need to know the number.

djom1cincy

Established Member
If 20 people to respond to this thread that would like to have a mobile friendly version, I'll make it happen.

I didn't count all they yes votes but I think we have reached 20. Please make happen. Its just a pain to surf the regular site when it takes so long to load from all the pics and ads.

Users who are viewing this thread