Mobil 1

cobra1993svt

Established Member
I just did a Mobil 1 oil change on my 93 yesterday. The last time I changed it was 6-12-09 with 41021 miles. Yesterday when I changed it my miles were 41027. A whopping 6 miles. Can I keep the Mobil 1 in there for longer or should I change it out every year? Its definately not a money issue or time issue. It goes in as clean as it comes out

Last edited:

buddha93

Established Member
Ok, strictly my opinion here, but if it were me, I'd leave it. I run full synthetic with my cars and I've gone two years without a change, with limited miles of course.

Most recommend changing at least once a year, but until someone gives me some solid proof as to why, I'll continue to go by milage, use, and visual condition.

Vib_93

Established Member
Condensation might be the biggest problem under these conditions. Only running a few miles a year like that will surely leave behind condensation. BTW Mobil one is great stuff and all I use in all my vehicles.

buddha93

Established Member
Condensation might be the biggest problem under these conditions. Only running a few miles a year like that will surely leave behind condensation. BTW Mobil one is great stuff and all I use in all my vehicles.

Agreed. That would be the only arguement. However, let's say you drain the oil from the pan after it's set for 6 months. Would the water come with it? Hell no.

My thing is must make sure you bring the car up to temp from time to time and you should be good. The climate in which the car is in makes a huge difference also.

cobra1993svt

Established Member
Thanks for the answers. I thought I could leave it in there longer than a year. I do get the car up to operating temp quite often. Iv'e been storing it this way for 6 years without a problem and I'm about to purchase a CarBag to keep the car even cleaner and drier.

Users who are viewing this thread