Mo buyers beware- joe machens ford in columbia, mo

PaceCar328

Established Member
Just figured I'd post this here in case anybody in the area deals with Joe Machens Ford.

I am a California Resident, and had the misfortune of dealing with Joe Machens Ford. When looking for a Chevy Caprice, I inquired about the two 2011 Chevrolet Caprice PPVs That JM Ford had in stock. I was informed by Mr. Jason Lane that JM Ford had two cars, one with 105,000 miles and one with 121,000 miles that they were asking the same amount of money for. I expressed my interest in the lower mile Caprice and to negotiate a price/shipping for the vehicle to my residence here in CA. Moments after, I was informed that the lower mile Caprice was just sold, and only the higher mile unit was available.

Upon hearing this, I begrudgingly accepted to buy the higher mile unit, with promises by the seller that the vehicle was, aside from the mileage, functionally identical to the lower mile vehicle. With this assurance, I decided to buy the car and send payment/ sign the paperwork that was fedexed to me.
After the transaction was completed (on paper at least) I was browsing the JM Ford website, and found a photo of the dash of my new vehicle that appeared to be showing a Traction Control Light. THIS PHOTO WAS NOT ON THE EBAY AD. I asked the seller to confirm the light was on, and he sent me a photo showing that the light was in fact lit, and because I bought the car "as is" I should have expected problems from a used car, even though prior to sending payment, I was sold the vehicle as "functionally in great condition" and "identical to the other, lower mile unit aside from the odometer", which did not have any lights shown on the dash or any issues based on the provided photos on eBay or your website. He also informed me of a wheel imbalance issue at this time, another fact that was not included in my inquiry of the vehicle's condition prior to the sale.
All in all, I feel that Mr. Jason Lane purposely withheld information from me in order to sell a car in poorer condition than the car I inquired about for the same price.

After receiving the vehicle two Saturdays ago and attempting to diagnose the problem, it has become evident that the EBCM is faulty, and will be a high three to low four figure repair for a problem that was hidden from me during the sale of the vehicle. I feel that a combination of half-truths, deceitful sales tactics, and complete fabrications have led me to own this Chevrolet Caprice, and I am completely and thoroughly dissatisfied with the lack of honesty and integrity exhibited by Mr. Jason Lane through phone and text correspondence.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Since you're in California I'm not sure how it works across state lines.

However, I think your first option should be to call and ask for the GM, express your displeasure and either have them fix it or take it back.

If they refuse both, I would explain that you kindly understand, but now you will have to seek legal action.

Did you sign a Maroney label stating that it was sold as is, no warranty? Did the salesman verbally tell you it had no issues, or through text/email?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

PaceCar328

Established Member
Since you're in California I'm not sure how it works across state lines.

However, I think your first option should be to call and ask for the GM, express your displeasure and either have them fix it or take it back.

If they refuse both, I would explain that you kindly understand, but now you will have to seek legal action.

Did you sign a Maroney label stating that it was sold as is, no warranty? Did the salesman verbally tell you it had no issues, or through text/email?

I emailed the GM explaining my displeasure to no response. I was told verbally that the car was identical to the other car, which didnt have a light, and that it was gone through by JM mechanics and MO inspected via text. I paid for the car and recieved the paperwork, and was told about the ABS Light and wheel imbalance hours after I had shipped out the paperwork buying it as is. I am in contact with lawyers in regards to this situation, but I am unsure about how much legal recourse I have given the circumstances.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Follow up the email with a call.

Users who are viewing this thread