MMR TKO 900 pro-trans

cgbills

Established Member
I am doing a TT on my cobra. I have a TKO 500 and need something beefier to hand the power. I was thinking of a viper spec t56, but came across a TKO Pro Trans 900 from MMR. It is closer to $1K less than a viper spec t56. Also I could keep my scatter shield (which is around $500 itself), my aluminum drive shaft and my MGW shifter. If I were to buy all that for a T56 it would make the price difference well over $1.5k. Has anyone heard anything about these transmissions? I know I won’t get the better gas mileage of a 6th gear, but I will be saving some weight over the t56. The only negative I might see is gearing ratios. Thoughts?

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
A buddy of ours had the MMR TKO with his turbo 5.0L...this TKO was the one with the cry0-treated gears and all that fancy stuff....first time out at the track he broke it...

Have a look at the G-Force T56 or Rockland Gear T56 transmissions, wayy stronger.

Slither

Established Member
I had one and it was just as crappy to shift at high rpms as the rest of the TKO line I have had. Go with a used, but good t56

Mike93SVT

Savior of Junk
Established Member
i had a tko 600 in my old turbo'd 93 cobra and didn't have any complaints. the older ones had the high rpm shift issue. seems to be a "i heard" kind of issue these days. never used an mmr unit myself, but talked to a few that have and didn't hear anything bad.

it's a turbo car, so you'll have a 3.27-3.55 gear anyways, so you're not going to gain anything with a 6th gear on the highway. and you can get the 5th gear in the tko to be taller anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread