Mmr oil pan upr k member

2fst4urtrk

OHIM2FST4U
Established Member
Anyone have fitment issues with the MMR o
7qt oil pan and a upr K member?

Just ordered the kmember and debating swapping oilpans at the same time. Ill be building my own turbo kit so im doing as much prep as possible before ripping the car apart.

Open to any and all suggestions for oil pans also. Id rather havr a welded bung then hammering a punch theough the pan.

D-MANN

Established Member
If you're not that interested in the added capacity then just drop your stock pan while the k member is out and drill a hole and weld a -10 steel fitting to your pan. Maybe weld it off centre to the passenger side so you know you will have no issues clearing the dampener with the return line and fitting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

2fst4urtrk

OHIM2FST4U
Established Member
Thats what i plan to do. I have -12an weldnin bung and cap that in putting in when i do the k member.

I went with -12 because im still deciding whether to twin or sindle turbo.

Leaning towards single percision 76mm bb with something in the .75ar range.

Debating whether to go full custom or get the on3 kit and build it the way i want and use there parts.

Tha ks for the reply

BLU3VN0M

SVT Addict
Established Member
Anyone have fitment issues with the MMR o
7qt oil pan and a upr K member?

Just ordered the kmember and debating swapping oilpans at the same time. Ill be building my own turbo kit so im doing as much prep as possible before ripping the car apart.

Open to any and all suggestions for oil pans also. Id rather havr a welded bung then hammering a punch theough the pan.

I have a MMR oil pan and the UPR K and there is more than enough clearance. However, I need to build a thick aluminum or steel panel to help protect the pan.. it sits very-very low.

2fst4urtrk

OHIM2FST4U
Established Member
That was the only thing holding me back was how low it sat. Ill stick with the stock pan and weld a bung on. Id hate to smash a nice pan like the mmr

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Since when is the MMR pan "nice"? It's a factory pan with some extra capacity welded to it. I own one but it's not a "nice" pan. It's what anyone could do at home if they had a welder. Also, I don't notice it hanging any lower than any other pans really.

2fst4urtrk

OHIM2FST4U
Established Member
Nice as in, looks nice, built with extra oil capacity, bung welded to the front already, powder coated.

Price tag was high for what it is, hence the reasoning why i just ordered a bung/cap and will weld it to my factory pan.

Users who are viewing this thread