MMFLSFC's install question

VincodeY

Established Member
Yesterday, got the car up on the lift to mock up everything in preperation for the saturday install. Got to looking and it's pretty straightforward and the instructions are pretty concise. However, what do I do about the passenger side brake and fuel lines? they are really close and while the car is on the lift there isn't hardly any clearence to put the gun up to make some of the tedious welds towards the outside of the frame rail. Any secrets from the experienced? Thank you for your input, guys.

Coiled03

Established Member
What do you do? Just be careful! Hundreds of people on this site have had these installed without issues.

VincodeY

Established Member
Yesterday, got the car up on the lift to mock up everything in preperation for the saturday install. Got to looking and it's pretty straightforward and the instructions are pretty concise. However, what do I do about the passenger side brake and fuel lines? they are really close and while the car is on the lift there isn't hardly any clearence to put the gun up to make some of the tedious welds towards the outside of the frame rail. Any secrets from the experienced? Thank you for your input, guys.

oh it will...:thumbsup:

SpectorV

Established Member
you dont have to have a drive on lift but its much better to use. You can jack up the car on its points where the force is applied as it would sit on the ground and make sure all of your door jams are perfect. I would recommend a drive on lift to get it started and a regular lift to finish welding as the drive on makes it hard to weld everywhere. Also dont weld around the fuel lines on the front of the pass side jsut skip that part lol.

VincodeY

Established Member
got them in today and it wasn't too bad. For those wondering, these are some great pieces. I can tell a differnce in just how the car even rides. Seems alot stronger and it also got rid of some creaks when going over bumps. thanks for ya'lls input.

MikeW

Established Member
Glad you like'um man :beer:

They do make the car feel much more solid IMO and if I were to start my mods over the subframes would go on 1st and not last LOL.

Congrats

Users who are viewing this thread