MMD Zevens with 6 piston Brembos

Jinx.

Stig's Lazy Cousin
Established Member
I'm looking for a different wheel style, finish, and offset than my DF5 wheels.

I love the look of the MMD Zevens and the warranty AM has on them.

I'm interested in the Charcoal 20x8.5 and 20x10s, so I can use my current tires for now and upgrade the rears later.

Issue is that the zevens are said to not clear without a spacer on Brembo cars.

I found a AM rep, Will who uses a 8mm spacer on the front with this setup. But his car as the 14" 4 piston brembos. I contacted AM and they havent tried the Zevens on a 15" 6 piston 2011-14 car, but in their video they claim it will fit all 2015 car (even Performance Package equipped ones).

They say 8mm is safe on the front with these wheel, as there is plenty of thread engagement. But is there a chance of not needing a spacer or as thick of a spacer with 15" brembos since its further from the hub and have different dimensions?

Jinx.

Stig's Lazy Cousin
Established Member
Answered my own question.
I just want to give a shout out to Will Levantovsky and American Muscle for the great customer service. I just recently bought this MMD Zeven wheels (20x8.5 front/ 20x10 rear) in Matte Charcoal.
From the start we knew a spacer was going to be needed with Zevens on any brembo equipped Mustang. Will used a 8mm, I believe, on his car with 14" Brembos (4 piston). However, I was concerned about fitment with these wheels on a 15" Brembo setup from a 13-14 GT500 (6 piston front, 14" rears). I probably annoyed the hell out of Will and their Mustang experts in Customer Service. They were very informative and patient. AM never had the chance to test fit these on a setup like mine, so I would be the lab rat on this one. So I got the courage and bought them.
After test fitting, it was determined by me that a 3mm should offer the tiny bit of extra clearance needed. Stock Brembo wheels have .050" of clearance between the spoke and caliper; so I figured a 1mm or so would be fine. Vorshlag Motorsports has wheels fitment so close on some setups that clearance is measured with a feeler gauge. So I think ill be fine.
I took these pictures after install and the test drive. Love the finish and meaner look.

bluebaron2015_zpspkbdiaob.jpg

bluebaron2015rear2_zpscxraxt0k.jpg

DSCF0515_zpscodwp2hg.jpg

DSCF0516_zps9qlyijco.jpg

nosscort

Established Member
I like that wheel style... I just wish they made them more Concave in the rear

Jinx.

Stig's Lazy Cousin
Established Member
For a 20x10 I think anymore concave it would make it more aggressive offset which I don't want. I want to fit a wider tire in the future with the worry of rubbing. I went from a 40+ offset on a 20x10 with 275/35 and it was close. 305s weren't happening unless I stuck with a narrow brand like nitto; even then that too close for comfort.

Users who are viewing this thread