MM vs. SRT8

Glenn Ford

Atlanta Trilogy #1
Established Member
Chris and I had a great time at AID in Steele, AL. We were invited by Donnie and the Birmingham MoPar club to come and run - thanks for the invite. You sure have one beautiful SRT8 Challenger - that pearl black paint is awesome in the sunlight. When you put that SC on it for the Shoot-Out in November at Commerce you will be dusting me for sure.

Great to also see Paul again and his world record MM. Paul holds the world's record for the most 1/4 mile time slips.

"Mr Norm" had some very good runs with his record breaking Challenger. Great looking and sounding car.

My MT Street bias-ply DRs have got to go. The car not only overpowers them, but the sidewall flex has become too much for me to handle at the end of the 1/4 mile. They spun all through 1st and 2nd gear on my hard launch. Almost lost it - the AID track is bumpy on the second 1/8 mile section which really aggrevated the rear end shakes. Commerce is much smoother and it is not as noticable. (Tubes would cure the problem.) I took a 12.6 at 88 mph with the lift. My 1/4 mph was actually slower then my 1/8 - so it was going to be real good run. I normally run about 114 mph.

But, thanks to Jeff's (Modular Powerhouse - MPH) advise we now will be going to P275/60R15 MT ET Street Radials. Special thanks to Jeff for the 12.3 run - it was a solid 11s run, but he also had to lift due to the shakes with a 7.8 1/8 mile.

I have the videos on Street Fire, but for some reason they have not released them to the public - too much MM vs Challenger violence I guess. I will posted later today when the censors release them.

OK, finally got the videos away from the censors:

[ame="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/03-Marauder-SC-46-vs-09_701911.htm"]'03 Marauder SC 4.6 vs. '09 Challenger SRT8 6.1 He - Car Videos on StreetFire[/ame]

[ame="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2003-Marauder-123-Run-at_701913.htm"]2003 Marauder 12.3 Run at AID, Steel, AL. - Car Videos on StreetFire[/ame]

Great day - thanks again Donnie, Jeff and Paul.

Glenn :burnout:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread