MM subframes

01_BLK_COBRA

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I apologize if this has already been asked. I tried to search but didn't find anything. I am getting 4.10 gears installed next week at mustang magic on long island as well as MM sub frames. I plan on getting the regular sub frames and not the full length sub frames because my car sees no track time.

For what I do, which is daily driving, and the occasional romp when I am back in PA, will the regular sub frames be a noticeable improvement over stock, or should I go for the full length. The owner at mustang magic seemed to think the regular will be enough. Thoughts?

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
Get the full lengths. Public roads are harder on these unibodies than the occasional track run. Go for as much support as you can.

nitestalker1982

Raider Nation Member
Established Member
I would also go for the full lenghts, but I have vert, so makes more sense to me. I don't believe there's any drawbacks, if you don't mind spending more, full lenghts are the way to go...

01_BLK_COBRA

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
ok...so the regualrs arent any good? or the full lengths jsut that much better? i forgot how much more they quoted me on the full lengths.

for the full lengths don't that have to bolt soemtihng to the seat bolts or what not?

Last edited:

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
Oh... and don't let them talk you in to buying the powder coated. They have to grind a lot of it away anyway so get the bare connectors and just prime/paint them. Save a few bucks that way.

01_BLK_COBRA

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
ok, i will see what the price diff is for the full length. it doesnt matter to me either way, so if you guys rec. them.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Full length subs make all the difference in the New Edge Mustang/Cobra. My '01 rides like the day I bought it (maybe better) after the install. Go full length...especially with power-mods and if you are into handling. Amazing Ford never installed these at the factory.

cobraracer46

Banned
If I were in your shoes, I would go all the way and install a Griggs full frame kit that consists of in car frame rails, buckhead stiffness, and under car sub frame connectors.

Users who are viewing this thread