MM Subframes Questions and Install process

mattletourneau

Established Member
Does anyone know if I have to specify that I have a convert when ordering the full length subframe connectors from MM? Also, the installer that I'm looking at does not have a drive on lift but claims that the process he uses is as safe. He uses "scales" to make sure the car is properly balanced. Is this as safe???

Thanks.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
I don't know where scales enter into this.
But, it is recommended that the SFC be installed with the car in the position and loaded as it would be normally. That means the weight on the wheels. If this is not done, the frame/body could conceivably be twisted slightly when the SFC are welded in place.

I am pretty sure the coupe and vert SFC's are the same, but the vendor should know for sure.

Dana

gtmustang00

Established Member
i think the convertibles come w/ subframes from factory. my dads 00gt vert has stock ones, but they are not full length, and i believe they are bolt it. if you have them factory, id remove them then install full-length ones.

mscafidi

Established Member
The coupe and vert subframes are the same. I would look for another installer though. The suspension has to be loaded...I don't buy this "scales" thing.

Bobrammer

Established Member
I've got some full length sub-frame connectors on order from Maximum Motorsports. Their instructions specifically state that the car should have weight on all four wheels at time of installation. They suggest a lift like those found in a muffler shop.

Users who are viewing this thread