MM&FF Gulf Blue/Coral Orange GT500...paint scheme on 99-04 Cobra?

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
I just got finished reading the June 09 Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords Mag for like the 5th time and I was reading up on the "Heritage & Horsepower" article featuring the Gulf Blue/Coral Orange GT500 and was wondering if there are any 99-04 Cobras out there painted the scheme or if any body can photoshop the colors?

I'm not a fan of the Gulf Blue by itself but I think it looks bad as hell with the Coral Orange racing stripe. Here's the MM&FF one:
GBlueCOrangeGT500.jpg

mmfp_0906_01_z2008_shelby_gt500fron.jpg

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
Yes, the girl has nice teets! But unless one shoots out Gulf Blue and the other Coral Orange then can someone answer the question? :-D

Sonic_GT

Established Member
The owner of that gt500 is a member on here. turned out great, never seen a 99-04 with that paint scheme.

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
Well, is there anyone here good enough to photoshop that paint scheme onto a 99-04?

firebird1999us

Established Member
I just got finished reading the June 09 Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords Mag for like the 5th time and I was reading up on the "Heritage & Horsepower" article featuring the Gulf Blue/Coral Orange GT500 and was wondering if there are any 99-04 Cobras out there painted the scheme or if any body can photoshop the colors?

I'm not a fan of the Gulf Blue by itself but I think it looks bad as hell with the Coral Orange racing stripe. Here's the MM&FF one:
GBlueCOrangeGT500.jpg

mmfp_0906_01_z2008_shelby_gt500fron.jpg

Looks awesome! And that's one of the few models they've used that doen't look like 50 pounds of silicone and a rib cage!:beer:

5point0guy

Established Member
Maybe as a show car but I couldn't see that as having that paint scheme on a daily driven car. I'm not really looking at the car though...

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
Maybe as a show car but I couldn't see that as having that paint scheme on a daily driven car. I'm not really looking at the car though...

Agreed. I was thinking of maybe trying to get my hands on another 99-04 Cobra as a fixer up trackday car and maybe go with a paint scheme like this. But I would like to see it on a 99-04 first.

My plans have been to finish my current 01 and then start on a lightning, but after going down to Barber's and watching all the stangs on the track I've kinda got the fever to build a track car.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
saleen did some S197's like that...that paint scheme looks kick ass! i'd rock it!

Users who are viewing this thread