MM Clutch Cable

DetroitSVT

Established Member
I recently installed a Steeda clutch cable kit and so far it has been great. I'm still breaking in the new clutch I installed as well so I haven't done in aggressive shifting, but compared to the OEM cable it felt and looked much stronger. You can get the whole kit from LMR for $110 with free shipping. (I think they offer a discount to SVTPerformance members as well.)

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com...ustang-50L-Steeda-Adjustable-Clutch-Cable-Kit

laddanator

Established Member
Hope you kept your stock cable and put it in the trunk: you'll need it when that Steeda breaks and usually they do. I've broken 4 or more in the years I've owned a Mustang. Never broke a MM cabl, and iI'm not sure many have. :)

Do yourself a huge favor, OP; get yourself the MM cable, you'll sleep much better at night. :)

laddanator

Established Member
Hope you kept your stock cable and put it in the trunk: you'll need it when that Steeda breaks and usually they do. I've broken 4 or more in the years I've owned a Mustang. Never broke a MM cabl, and iI'm not sure many have. :)

Do yourself a huge favor, OP; get yourself the MM cable, you'll sleep much better at night. :)

DetroitSVT

Established Member
@ laddanator Thanks for the heads-up, but why did you try four or more of the same cable? I think I'd get a different brand after two breaking.

cbrown9064

Established Member
I put one in about 400 miles ago, along with the MM quadrant. Cable feels just like stock. Does not have the mounting brackets, which are a pain anyway

laddanator

Established Member
@ laddanator Thanks for the heads-up, but why did you try four or more of the same cable? I think I'd get a different brand after two breaking.

All 4 were the Steeda cable. 2 were on a Foxbody and 2 on a sn95. All but one was installed by PO when I bought the cars.

Last edited:

COBRA97SVT

Established Member
Hate to bring this back from the dead, but can anyone confirm the MM cables are actually the stock 03/04 cobra OE cables?

LDC2335

Established Member
Note : DO NOT REATTACH THE CABLE BRACKET THAT THE STOCK ONE RUNS THROUGH. IT WILL KINK YOUR CABLE AND CAUSE MASSIVE RESISTANCE. THEN YOU WILL THINK YOUR CLUTCH IS SUPPOSED TO BE THAT STIFF AND LIVE WITH IT FOR YEARS UNTIL ONE DAY YOU READ THE F**KING INSTRUCTIONS WHEN PUTTING IN YOUR SECOND CLUTCH AND REALIZE ALL THE LEG CRAMPS WERE FOR NOTHING.

There I think that is clear enough. Lol. Ask me how I know. On a positive note, I have a massive left calf!

Users who are viewing this thread