MM CC plate installed incorrectly

Blk98Slobra

Established Member
So I just found out today when I picked up my car from my tuner, that whoever installed my MM CC plates(another shop), installed them incorrectly. The two black side specific plates look to be installed on the wrong side. I see from MM’s instructions that tab should be on the side of the outer fender, but on my car, the outer tab is facing the engine.

So now my question is, if they installed these plates incorrectly, they most likely drilled the 4th hole in the wrong place correct? I will most likely try and attempt to fix this myself. The only reason I even had someone do this for me was to save me time since my daughter had just been born and I was on leave. Luckily I haven’t driven the car too much since I had this stuff installed, maybe 5-6 times since then.

Attachments

• C8779729-29E8-4E30-A1BB-C1A8DF80C669.jpeg
    C8779729-29E8-4E30-A1BB-C1A8DF80C669.jpeg
    78 KB · Views: 236
  • 1CE74D58-EED8-4DBF-B0C1-8EA76D650E7E.jpeg
    1CE74D58-EED8-4DBF-B0C1-8EA76D650E7E.jpeg
    69.9 KB · Views: 228

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I think the bolts are pretty equidistant from each other. You might get lucky and only need to turn the plates. Or flip them. Was the car aligned after they were installed?

Blk98Slobra

Established Member
I think the bolts are pretty equidistant from each other. You might get lucky and only need to turn the plates. Or flip them. Was the car aligned after they were installed?

I haven’t had a chance to do an alignment yet. I’ve only driven the car a few times since they were installed in December. Just quick trips to get breakfast and then to get re-tuned.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Have you checked MM instructions? Your Cc plates appear to be installed in the negative orientation. The way you have it allows for increased negative camber, typical for aggressive driving like autocross.

Check out their instructions, it will explain everything.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Blk98Slobra

Established Member
Have you checked MM instructions? Your Cc plates appear to be installed in the negative orientation. The way you have it allows for increased negative camber, typical for aggressive driving like autocross.

Check out their instructions, it will explain everything.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Yea I read the instructions. I also called MM on Friday and spoke to someone there. They told me to take everything off and put it all back together in the correct orientation the directions state to do. They also said hopefully the shop didn’t drill the hole wrong for the 4th bolt lol. I guess if they did I’ll be picking up some Steeda 3 bolt camber plates.

Users who are viewing this thread