MM caster camber plates spacers

cruelntntion

Established Member
Hello all

Have a question. My cobra is lowered with springs. I don’t know off hand the brand, but as seen in the pic there are about three 1/2” spacers followed by a nut. Are these spacers used to lower the vehicle more or less? I keep running logic in my head then second guess my thought. End result I want the car a touch lower, but also confused by the spacers as I have not seen this before. Anyone think I can remove the spacers and lower it more?
IMG_4795.JPG
IMG_4796.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Albatross

Established Member
I don't think the spacers on the strut have anything to do with ride height of the vehicle. I think it's more strut piston travel. If you don't have these spacers on top the inner strut piston would bottom out under heavy load. I could be wrong but that's what I have always thought. Would love to hear others thought on this as well.

olympic

Established Member
^^^Correct. Those spacers do not alter ride height. They are there to adjust the travel of the strut piston. More spacers on top gives more bounce travel (good for lowered cars). More spacers underneath gives more droop travel. The only ways to have adjustable ride height is with coil-overs or air suspension.

Users who are viewing this thread