Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9 - Built

03Cobranator

Established Member
Hello everyone,

I am listing my built 2006 Evolution 9. I bought the car completely bone stock, with very low miles. It was originally owned by a woman and she babied the car. I have tastefully modified the car over the past 2 years. Its current state is fully built with only the best parts for reliability.

Motor:
Half Filled block
OEM Micro-Polished Crank
Carrillo Pro-H Beam rods with Carr bolts
Wiseco 10.5:1 HD2 Pistons
Fluidampner
GSC S3 Cams
GSC Beehive Springs
L19 Head Studs
OEM headgasket
GSC Balance Shaft Delete
AMS Oil Pan
Gates Kevlar Timing Belt

Fuel System:
Home Made Double Pumper with 1 Walbro 450lph (Main) and 1 Modified 255 (Secondary)
ID 2000cc Injectors

Drivetrain:
Hayes Racing ultimate ratio transmission with 4:11 Final Drive (This is the best of the best transmission.. next step up is a PPG Dog Box)
Quartmaster 8 leg race clutch with HTOB.
ACD Transfer Case

Turbo Kit:
Sheepey Built Forward Facing T4 Divided Turbo Kit with a Precision 6766 - 1.15 Hotside
STM 3" Intercooler Piping - Sheepey Built 1200HP Race Intercooler.

Misc:
Solid Bushings Everywhere
Custom Roll Cage
Minor Weight Reduction
It has been painted Metallic Laguna Blue - This is an OEM Mitsubishi color!! The door jams, bay, trunk ect ect have all been painted and it looks fantastic! (Original Color was wicked white)
Suspension is Bilstein Struts with Swift Springs
Wheels are RPF1's with Toyo R888's that are brand new.

I am sure that things are left out but that's all I can think of right now.

The Chassis has 35k Miles - the Motor has about 1,500 miles on it but will go up a decent amount because I do drive the car. Tranny has about 3,000 Miles and is AWESOME!! Its probably my favorite part about the build LOL!

The car has been dead reliable so far! I'm sure you are wondering about the power... the car made 740AWHP @ 38psi on a Mustang Dyno with the fuel system completely maxed out (Stock FPR, Stock Lines, Stock Rails). This was way up in the mountains too, so it should make a bit more down around sea level. At this power level, its a handful to drive. Blows off 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Gear (80+mph) with ease.

To give you an idea of where I plan for the car to be and the potential it has for this coming season... Im working on a "Phase 2 Buid" which consists of a Ported Head (By Curt Brown), Magnus Intake Manifold ported by Curt Brown, BBK 5.0 Throttle Body, and swap Turbo Hotside for a 1.32 A/R.. amongst a full fuel system - Squash Performance Double Pumper w/ 2 - Walbro 450s, -8 Lines coming off each pump into -10 Magnus Rail w/ -6 Return and Aeromotive FPR. With these upgrades, im looking to mainly increase the efficiency of the motor to make big power and not push it hard. I think breaking 800whp around 40/41psi is completely possible.. when building the motor it was built with the intentions of running 50+psi and make a solid 1000whp.

If you have any questions at all feel free to ask. This car is my baby.. I don't want to or need to sell it all and will continue to enjoy it! But I recently purchased a house and the funds would be more useful elsewhere.

My Price is $31,500. Would consider reasonable offers.

bae_zps84f33c06.jpg

1505378_671507192871537_1580569003_n_zpsfe4a9058.jpg

Filter_zpse81f5d27.jpg

YUURRPP_zpsb4489c28.jpg

Last edited:

korizmo

I like Lamp
Established Member
Beautiful build with high quality precision. With that compression you have to run e85 etc. My old evo I wanted that compression, but no e85 around so I settled on 9.5

Good luck with sale

03Cobranator

Established Member
very cool car, i sold my built evo for a cobra. hes gotta be running e85 or c16 at that compression

Beautiful build with high quality precision. With that compression you have to run e85 etc. My old evo I wanted that compression, but no e85 around so I settled on 9.5

Good luck with sale

High compression...what fuel did you tune it on? E85?

Thanks for the kind words! It has both an E85 Tune and 93. The 93 tune is set at 20psi (Wastgate pressure) and made around 535awhp... so its still pretty stout, and has a little more left in it. It also shoots bigger flames out the hood on 93 too
banana.gif
:D

For pics and Vids of the car, check out my Instagram Account - evojunky

Last edited:

03Cobranator

Established Member
Thanks a lot!

Quick update: I purchased a set of Tein Coilovers, Magnus Intake Manifold and Magnus Fuel Rail. Ill be collecting the rest of the fuel system parts over the next month or so and then ill install everything and get the tune updated. I registered for the Sport Class at the Roll Out To Reach Out event at Pocno Raceway on April 4th.. looking to trap 170+. Hopefully all this will net me an additional 60+AWHP with very little boost added. Im not really trying to push 40+psi in 5th gear..... but I will If I have too ;-)

SonicBeast

Established Member
man I want this car!!! my evo was so unreliable tho it scares me to get another one. mine was garage built and not nearly to this high of a standard. this car will beat up on just about anything on the street! hows the quartermaster for street driving? my exedy was pretty rough to drive in traffic

03Cobranator

Established Member
man I want this car!!! my evo was so unreliable tho it scares me to get another one. mine was garage built and not nearly to this high of a standard. this car will beat up on just about anything on the street! hows the quartermaster for street driving? my exedy was pretty rough to drive in traffic

I have had 3 EVOs and they have all been very reliable for me! I expected some minor issues here and there with this build (to be expected with any big build, IMO) , but the car started up perfectly after being down for over a year, and it has not hiccuped even once. It has made a handfull of 2+ Hour round trips, and literally 100s of trips to work or out locally to eat.

The Quartermaster is the only thing you or anyone else would have an issue with as far as actually driving the car. It is quite literally an on/off switch. The exedy twin/triple drives like stock compared to the QM, and i will probably be switching back to a modified exedy twin once this thing sees the track a few times and I have the urge to launch it out of my system haha But for now this clutch will hold anything I can dream of throwing at it so it's more or less in there for peace of mind.

Last edited:

03Cobranator

Established Member
Makes me miss my old evo. GLWS!
Thank you!!

Car is going back up to TPG Tuning next Friday to get dialed back in after having the intake, fuel system, and ignition upgraded (all 3 were a restriction last time on the dyno). Looking to make about 775whp around the same boost level, and will be testing the new found power the following Friday at the Slip-Stream Roll Racing Event in the Poconos (Goal is 170+mph).

Users who are viewing this thread