Misinformed sales people, sales people who lie etc

bumplime

Established Member
Does it piss anyone else off or am I just sick of their bs?
I called a local dealership today, one who I had previously been told MSRP by. I spoke directly to a sales manager...completely clueless, cocky and arrogant. When I inquired about the car he said" we only got two and theyre both sold"...ok cool. When will you be able to order more? "we wont until 2014 model year", the two we sold both sold for 5-10k over". Wow, I was quoted MSrP early last month, mind you. When I asked why e didn't think he'd get to order more he became very cocky and arrogant...shit like the normal limited production bs etc.
I was calm and said...no not limited production...you'll be able to order more just like all previous model years. Quoted Hameedi and his comments of building to demand. He was adamant that I didn't know what I was talking about or who Mr Jamal Hameedi was....and then the kicker....in our last meeting I stopped listening once they said we already sold our allotment! What kind of sales people are this way?

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
Guys who will only do things for money. Instead of planting seeds for possible future sale, the sales guy doesn't wanna waste precious minutes talking to a customer
I'm guilty of this bad behavior from time to time..... BAD HABIT!

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
inB4thehate

1- Don't talk to a sales manager or a sales person when ordering a car of the such- Talk directly with the GM or owner
2- Don't do it over the phone- gives them the chance to lie to you, and you are not there to point out the facts
3- Bring in excerpts from Hameedi etc. to show them real proof of what he said
4- Find a different dealer, there are thousands more out there willing to earn your business, and treat you with respect.

look, every dealership has a couple bad apples. Just find the good ones.

Be the informed, proactive consumer.

Last edited:

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
inB4thehate

1- Don't talk to a sales manager or a sales person when ordering a car of the such- Talk directly with the GM or owner
2- Don't do it over the phone- gives them the change to lie to you, and you are not there to point out the facts
4- Find a different dealer, there are thousands more out there willing to earn your business, and treat you with respect.

^this

bumplime

Established Member
I just called another dealer...no more calls...I'll go in from now on.

Spoke to the Fleet Manager as I've done business with him prior...first allocation sold for 20K over..I don't doubt it because of where ther located, $$$$$ in his are. Second allocation won't be built until late this year. He's a car guy and knows I am as well. No BS from him. Just simple truths...some people are dumb enough to pay it just to say they have it.

I'm going to just sit back and watch for a while. I have an 08 so I'm ok only WANT a 13. I can wait until people come to their senses. Hell I may just wait and try to find one early part of 2013.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
inB4thehate

2- Don't do it over the phone- gives them the chance to lie to you, and you are not there to point out the facts

look, every dealership has a couple bad apples. Just find the good ones.

Be the informed, proactive consumer.

Exactly. I've been lucky to work with dealers who are eager to earn my business and had the misfortune of running in to dealers who have been down right dishonest to my face. The good ones get my fairly frequent repeat business and referrals. However, I wouldn't buy so much as an oil filter from the others and go out of my way to explain why that is so to others (sadly my local Ford dealer is in this category).

reason4treason

Established Member
the dealer i ordered from does not have any '12s on the lot at all, and two other dealers not too far away do, so a couple times i've gone over to have a peek at various things on the '12s. when i've told salespeople that i have a '13 on order elsewhere i have been told congratulations once, but i'm surprised that even if the salesperson is obviously not busy, none have said something to the effect of:

"great! listen, i'm sure you want to take really good care of that ride, don't you. we have an excellent service dept here, and would love to have you come by for oil changes and your other scheduled maintenance. and we've got chris exlamatti and ryan rant here who are top notch techs if you need any repairs done, waranteed or not. we've got your back. chris has 25 years experience working with Mustangs, and ry's the cream of the crop when it comes to working on Shelbys. (takes out notepad) why don't you let me get your email and i can send you coupons for our service specials. what's that? you don't want to have an avalanche of junk mail coming to the address you use for keeping contact with your employer, your friends, and your family? listen, you can get all the hotmail accounts you want for free. maybe just open one for minor purchases and if it gets too bad, you can always just never use that address anymore. and here, let me give you my card."

the salesperson may never see a dime from this but the dealership should have salespeople doing a short pitch on this, IMO

Last edited:

jonb347

Established Member
unfotunately dealers like this is what gives us bad reps. however, they may only get allocation for two until 2014. we only get allocation for one. they are built to order BUT they dont allocate every one we order. I will only get one, the rest go to dealers like tasca who sell dozens and dozens a year. i will be getting one and I will sell it to anyone who wants without screwing around like this guy lol

04MysticCobra

Established Member
I was at a dealer near my home in Delaware looking for a good deal on the '13 GT500. I have not decided yet if I am buying one. Anyway he said you can have the car at MSRP if you want and this is my only allocation. I said fine but when I explained to him that my Delaware address was a second home and my primary was in NJ he said that he could not sell to me. He wanted to sell it to someone who lived local for the advertising on the vehicle. I laughed and said no problem. Moved on to another dealer down the road that was super nice. They had 2 on order already and would sell to me at MSRP with no strings attached. Now I have to decide if I am taking them up on it. Its all good though every dealer has their ways of doing business. I had another one nearby tell me $15000 over MSRP. I was polite while keeping calm.....:nonono:

jonb347

Established Member
ya some are ridulous. we are so small that we didnt get a 2012 boss and big dealers nearby who got 3+ wouldn't even swap one to us. ive been looking for one to keep and one dealer tried to charge us 5 over msrp just a little while ago and theyve had the car for a year....

Users who are viewing this thread