Mishimoto new rad

cobra1977

Established Member
Hello everyone I've been searching the threads and looking at all sites for the direct fit mishimoto for 03 04 terminators . I'm getting mixed reviews why will it not fit if they state it fits mach1 cars . And on the mishimoto site it says it will fit?? When you go to different shops it says will not ?? Really confused..

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Are the radiators you're looking at listed for autos as well? It might be because of the trans cooler.

cobra1977

Established Member
Thx for the response !!!! Appreciated I'm just doing research now because my 04 is getting older and this is one part and also the oil cooler that scares the crap out of me. Ford should start reproducing these things knowing of the following of the car..

Last edited:

olympic

Established Member
The Mishimoto rad fits but you will probably have to bend the a/c lines slightly and move the abs module a little by slotting the mounting holes. I've had this rad in my car for 10 years and it's been great.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
looks like you made the exact same thread over 7 years ago. what did you end up doing back then?

the only truly direct drop-in radiator for our cars - with absolutely ZERO modifications - is a stock, plastic-tanked replacement for a 99-04 mustang gt.

yes it's blasphemous, but they work just as good as our aluminum oem's on a normal street driven car.

cobra1977

Established Member
I found a stock replacement oem one luckily from my local dealler 300 bucks which was great price back then because it was hit with somthing driving and cracked.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
My builder advised against Morimoto and suggested a 3 row Champion, which was what I went with (98 Cobra with turbo).
As mentioned above the AC likes had to be slightly bent.

hatchke

Established Member
I have the Mishimoto radiator installed and it was a really tight fit honestly. It's a nice piece and I definitely had to bend the a/c lines a bit to get it to work.

It was such a tight fit that I didn't even know if it was going to fit at one point. I don't know that i've really seen improvement, but I'll see how it goes this summer.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I bought one like this before last summer. It slid right into place with minor tweaking to the A/C lines as mentioned. The ABS pump cleared as well. But it wouldn't work with my True Forged tank. I ended up selling it to someone local and it's been working fine for him since then.

wckdvnm

Established Member
I bought one like this before last summer. It slid right into place with minor tweaking to the A/C lines as mentioned. The ABS pump cleared as well. But it wouldn't work with my True Forged tank. I ended up selling it to someone local and it's been working fine for him since then.

That looks like a copy of champions radiator; I had one of those and the material the tanks are attached with matters. The epoxy the copies use eventually fails and why I chose champions rad as they braze the tanks to the tubes. Also their production facility is rather nice and they gave me a tour to show me how the rads were made. They are a small company but stand behind their rads, Idk if they have a lifetime warranty anymore though.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
That looks like a copy of champions radiator; I had one of those and the material the tanks are attached with matters. The epoxy the copies use eventually fails and why I chose champions rad as they braze the tanks to the tubes. Also their production facility is rather nice and they gave me a tour to show me how the rads were made. They are a small company but stand behind their rads, Idk if they have a lifetime warranty anymore though.
The one I had was welded together. It came from a shop in Orange County. If it had been a 2" core it would have been perfect for me.

shurur

Established Member
I had a champion that eventually flexed and cracked. The mishimoto has that patented brace...just saying..

wckdvnm

Established Member
I had a champion that eventually flexed and cracked. The mishimoto has that patented brace...just saying..

Fluidyne radiators have flexed and cracked as well. The mishimoto brackets correct the flaw in the factory bracket which causes the aftermarket radiators to crack as even theirs alone have cracked on factory brackets. It is mostly the reason the factory rads have a bracing on the outer sides, at least if I recall wrong as it ha been years since I have had mine.
My wonder was if the radiators that LFP sells are any good. They end tank shape is rather unique for a radiator for these cars..

wckdvnm

Established Member
The one I had was welded together. It came from a shop in Orange County. If it had been a 2" core it would have been perfect for me.

I think one of the few 2” improvement radiators is the ron davis units but they are big money from what I recall. I’d love to give one a try one day if they still produce them. They use two 1” cores vs most others which are 1/2” or less. If it is as good at a three row it would make me moving mine forward easier.
Main issue with those radiators is the information is so old as no one really knows that company well except some niche car racing circles.

holiks03cobra

Established Member
I didn’t feel comfortable bending the ac lines more than this so I had a buddy weld some dowels on all 4 corners of the radiator. I’m hoping the more flexible mishimoto mounts will keep it from cracking.

Attachments

• C6BB8319-8F4B-415A-9CDC-5102A091F49A.jpeg
    C6BB8319-8F4B-415A-9CDC-5102A091F49A.jpeg
    333 KB · Views: 49

hotcobra03

Established Member
I did the sve 3 core .

Moved things as mentioned
Along with intercooler tank also.

With 170 tstat, fan settings
My car runs cool ,

If you live where you need heat 170 may not be hot enough.

Users who are viewing this thread