Mineral Gray 01 Cobra, What's it worth?

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
I have an opportunity to buy a relatives 01 Cobra and want to know what a fair purchase price would be. It needs some work that he says he will take care of before I buy it, if I do. Here are the specs:

01 Cobra
102,xxx Miles
4.10 gears
Mac LT's and Lethal X
SLP LM2
JLT CAI
MGW Short Shifter
Black Cobra R 17x9/10.5 Wheels

The Bad:
1 Nitto 315/35/17 needs to be replaced
Headlights Faded
Wheels are all curbed
Needs a full detail
Needs oil change, plugs, air filter, fuel filter
Passenger tail light is busted
Passenger fender is dented
Passenger and trunk lid molding needs replacement
Driver side scoop needs new clips

PICS:
ydyma3e4.jpg

yqematas.jpg

saqy9e5a.jpg
y9abe6ah.jpg

a3e3emeq.jpg

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
All of the 'bad' that you listed is relatively minor and either you or your relative shouldn't have much issue getting those issues taken care of. With that said, with $100k+ miles (and assuming you or your relative know the history of the vehicle), I'd probably offer $9k, assuming the paint and interior clean up really well.

Edit - I was viewing the pics on a phone so I couldn't really get a feel for it. I'd say $7k tops, the interior looks pretty beat up and if that's a reflection of the exterior - well, that's not good news.

Last edited:

Never_Enough

Established Member
All of the 'bad' that you listed is relatively minor and either you or your relative shouldn't have much issue getting those issues taken care of. With that said, with $100k+ miles (and assuming you or your relative know the history of the vehicle), I'd probably offer $9k, assuming the paint and interior clean up really well.

$9k? No. $7k if mechanically sound. Sounds like the car was abused though.

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member

I'll let you know this week, planning to go at it one of these nights to see what I can clean up.

$9k? No. $7k if mechanically sound. Sounds like the car was abused though.

I was thinking about $5-7k depending on how it checks out mechanically. I'm gonna have a look see on a lift.

Users who are viewing this thread