Military personnel, who would you side with?

Who would you fight with?

• We, the people

Votes: 128 92.1%
  • The government

Votes: 11 7.9%

• Total voters

blackvette101

Established Member
This is a wise man right here, and 100% right. I can't believe how many American can see just one of the things you point out, let alone the whole big picture.

Thank you for that post!

Well said! How are people so ignorant?

Thanks guys it's sad that america has become this way and its very easy to see it. I mean im just a 24 year old small/medium buisness owner this stuff should be apparent to everybody. People have no interest in this stuff it dsiturbs their lives. They have enough problems in their own lives they have no time for the big picture. From what I have seen 10% of america watches the news or stays in touch with current events. Out of that 10% how many you think know about the fall of democratic governments and the subsequent rise of dictatorships through history and how those came about. Or how many people have read the books of the radicals that actually mentored the president. If you look at the people that molded our presidents opinion and read their works it will physically sicken you. They talk openly about how to bring down the america we know and build it up into their version of utopia its clear as day and they talk about how to do it. Now get that % of people that know these things and compare it to the 33% of americans that show up to vote. the informed are outnumbered 30 to 1.

And as far as guns go look what they did to you in new york. Its had a 10 round mag capacity for how long? I know its been their for awhile. And shootings still happened (in another state that has an AWB/High cap mag ban) so now you have to make do with 7. After another shooting it will be 4. then confiscation.

Tmatt142

Established Member
Well said BlackVette....Our military will never have to fire a single shot at civilians here. The U.N. will have been granted full power over the U.S. if it should get to that. Bill Clinton passed that executive order.....

Davemcc

Established Member
Exactly, that why I never commented. The ATF, FBI will knocking on doors before tanks roll through the streets. If the latter does happen then we as a nation are too far gone.

I suspect DHS will be the lead agency on that issue.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
When the orders come in and the local civilian militia is labeled as a "terrorist" group you think the infantry on the ground is gonna stop and question their orders? :lol:

We have already seen examples of american citizens being detained and even killed in drone strikes without due process. :nonono:

EvergreenSVT

Established Member
When the orders come in and the local civilian militia is labeled as a "terrorist" group you think the infantry on the ground is gonna stop and question their orders? :lol:

We have already seen examples of american citizens being detained and even killed in drone strikes without due process. :nonono:

Yes, infantrymen will.

They've been raised to believe they make war overseas.

Maintainers will obey, and likely as not the Infantrymen will kill them for it.

redline

Established Member
lets see kill an american for what i and they believe in and then after i am discharged become the hunted too.

redline

Established Member
Well said BlackVette....Our military will never have to fire a single shot at civilians here. The U.N. will have been granted full power over the U.S. if it should get to that. Bill Clinton passed that executive order.....

the un does not stand a chance .think back to japan ww2. there will be the answer.japan feared the american not the army.

EvergreenSVT

Established Member
If we fell into an all out revolution... foreign nations would get involved. This isn't the 1700's... and our government would call in favors from other countries armed forces, who would have no problem with our constitution and shooting American citizens.

Worst case scenario, other countries would use our infighting as an opportunity to launch an assault and try to take us out.

No way. If foreign troops were invited onto US soil there would be a civil war in days.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
All Military personnel are required to disobey an order they deem unlawful.

Question is way too vague for anyone to wisely answer that question.

Yup, I would only caveat, I don't believe its what they deem to be, but what is a lawful order. A technicality, but an important one. Think how many people got in trouble for disobeying orders to deploy or take shots, etc. Those aren't unlawful, but just ones they didn't like.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

In the US? I don't believe it.

Now some American sitting with a bunch of AK carrying, sworn to kill other Americans in the hills of some land far away, I'd gladly kill those US mother****ers myself.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Sorry but I don't remember the insurgents having Apache's, Blackhawks, Air assets, missiles, etc. in Iraq and Afganistan, and we've been there for how long?

Sorry but worst case scenario, it goes into a balls out revolution. 80-90% of the military would desert, and the remaining, probably wouldn't even be in a combat MOS/RATE.

No but that's a different type of war etc.. There are many reason why we're still there and have been there.. you should know that..

I agree with what's been posted above though..

five0three

big deal
Established Member
What a vague question eluding to a complex answer. A couple things you should keep in mind.

1) As budgets get tighter, the armed forces are leaning HEAVILY on civilian contracts to supplement GI's that require benefits, base agencies ect ect. Pull those bodies out of the chain of logistics, your fighting force absolutely crumbles.

2) If it truly came down to the POTUS attempting to use DoD assets aginst his/her constituents, the Joint Chiefs would not pass down those orders to the MAJCOM's ect. The Executive branch would most likely be nullified by the house/congress and the country would fall under martial law until a new POTUS (and most likely the majority of the executive branch) is voted into place.

3) If, hypothetically, it came down to AD military being used against the states individually, or as a whole, I guarantee each states government would activate their respective guard forces in defense; forces comprised of freedom cherishing Americans fighting in their homeland for their basic ways of life.

And, **** no I wouldn't....

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

Thanks for basically implying we are mindless idiots. I would turn on my own men or another branch before innocent Americans if my own men were following orders to fire in them. First off, we are not the ones to be handling disputes within the country so if it ever got to that level where they demanded our support it would be obvious where we would need to side at that point.

This idea people have of the military in this instance, or the infantry who does most the door kicking, is mostly skewed. I don't know how to explain it but it seems most civilian's perception of the military mostly comes from satirical television. They don't have the privilege of seeing firsthand our common attributes... like rebelliousness for example.

Last edited:

cobra_mer

Established Member
Biggest thing people dont realize is this: posse comitatus Act. Trying to utilize the military against US citizens is illegal/unconstitutional to say the least...

pennman93

Established Member
A couple of things to remember and keep in mind. Everyone needs to keep in mind how many civilians haven't always been civilians. There are a lot of ex-military out there that have had a lot of training. Not all(but most are) civilians walking around have their heads up their ass all the time. We (current or ex-military) see this due to our training. The other thing, and I think the most important is THE GOVERNMENT IS SLOWLY TAKING OUR FREEDOM. they can't take it all at once, or there would be revolt and fighting. But, slowly take one thing at a time, and nobody notices or doesn't tie it together. Hitler did this. I am not comparing Obama with Hitler, however they are both guilty of taking our rights away...one by one overtime. It will continue with next President and the one after that unless we wake the fu(k up and do something.

mebetter

Established Member
If a group of idiots storm a government building in a revolution our military wouldn't defend our country? Get out of the military if you won't defend our country, you're wasting taxpayer money.

cobra_mer

Established Member
Insurection Act.

Here are the U.S.C governing the Insurrection Act of 1807. The power to use the Act is very limited and the president cant just make this decision on his own.

The Insurrection Act of 1807 is the set of laws that govern the US President's ability to deploy troops within the United States to put down lawlessness, insurrection and rebellion. The laws are chiefly contained in 10 U.S.C. § 331 - 10 U.S.C. § 335. The general aim is to limit Presidential power as much as possible, relying on state and local governments for initial response in the event of insurrection. Coupled with the Posse Comitatus Act, Presidential powers for law enforcement are limited and delayed.

10 U.S.C. § 331
Whenever there is an insurrections in any State against its government, the President may, upon the request of its legislature or of its governor if the legislature cannot be convened, call into Federal service such of the militia of the other States, in the number requested by that State, and use such of the armed forces, as he considers necessary to suppress the insurrection

10 U.S.C. § 331
Whenever the President considers that unlawful obstructions, combinations, or assemblages, or rebellion against the authority of the United States, make it impracticable to enforce the laws of the United States in any State by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings, he may call into Federal service such of the militia of any State, and use such of the armed forces, as he considers necessary to enforce those laws or to suppress the rebellion.

10 U.S.C. § 333
The President, by using the militia or the armed forces, or both, or by any other means, shall take such measures as he considers necessary to suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy, if it—
(1) so hinders the execution of the laws of that State, and of the United States within the State, that any part or class of its people is deprived of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law, and the constituted authorities of that State are unable, fail, or refuse to protect that right, privilege, or immunity, or to give that protection; or
(2) opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the United States or impedes the course of justice under those laws.
In any situation covered by clause (1), the State shall be considered to have denied the equal protection of the laws secured by the Constitution.

10 U.S.C. § 334
Whenever the President considers it necessary to use the militia or the armed forces under this chapter, he shall, by proclamation, immediately order the insurgents to disperse and retire peaceably to their abodes within a limited time.

10 U.S.C. § 335
For purposes of this chapter, the term “State” includes Guam and the Virgin Islands.

cobra_mer

Established Member
If a group of idiots storm a government building in a revolution our military wouldn't defend our country? Get out of the military if you won't defend our country, you're wasting taxpayer money.

It's not that simple, the would be lots of factors that would go into an equation before troops would be used in the manner you speak. First and foremost it would be local law enforcement, swat riot control etc, etc. It is not like you could wave a wand and have a whole Battalion of troops there. If said government building knew the revolutionists were coming, and said group was in the thousands or tens of thousands local, state, congress and POTUS would all have to bless off on utilizing the Insurrection Act. That would take time.

You say group I think of small element of people, which is nothing local law enforcement could not handle. I don't appreciate what you said about get of it you don't want to defend our country, I have read every single post on here and not one service member even eluded to not defending our country, it was quite the opposite actually.

Users who are viewing this thread