Mileage for 98 snake?

01SnakeBlk

Established Member
I am going in later today to look at a 98 Cobra that has a little under 80k miles on it. How long does these motor's run strong if they are taken care of? I already ran a carfax report, only 2 owners, all stock, looks cherry inside and out. I just dont wanna buy it, and have it running like a slug because of the mileage. Thanks guys. Also, they are asking 15k for it, gonna try for 14k, NADA Says worth 16k

96mystic

Wannabe postslut
Established Member
77k on mine... still a beast :burnout:
Dunno about the price tho...seems a lil expensive.. i got my cobra for 13k with 65k miles on it.. just make sure you pay attention to everything thats going on, and check the car out good.. take it to a mechanic if you want.. have them do a checkup on it. But either way, your gonna love it. :beer:

Last edited:

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
15K is a bit high. I paid 12.5K for my 96 with 75K on the odometer 1 1/2 years ago. Try and talk em down a bit. BTW, I have about 81.5 K on her now and it still runs great.

A

White98SVT

Established Member
Mines got about 73k on it now and still running hard. A buddy with another 98 has a little over 100k and his is running just as good as mine.

I agree with the price though, try and talk them down a bit.

01SnakeBlk

Established Member
Well, turns out, it might have been owned by another guy in town that likes to race, might not be such a good idea.

Colt .45

Established Member
Originally posted by 01SnakeBlk
Well, turns out, it might have been owned by another guy in town that likes to race, might not be such a good idea.
It is going to be hard to find a sports car that hasnt been raced.

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Unless you buy it new, any sports car has been run hard by a previous owner. Its like trying to date a swimsuit model that's a virgin.

Good luck with it if you decide to buy it though.

Last edited:

97 horse snake

Established Member
oh yeah, i honestly bought my car from a guy in his 40's about to have his first kid that babied the hell out of it and i haven't gotten a chance to beat it since it's been cold here and i've only had it since september.

White98SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by monkeyspunk79
Unless you buy it new, any sports car has been run hard by a previous owner. Its like trying to date a swimsuit model that's a virgin.

Good luck with it if you decide to buy it though.

LMFAO!!!!! I've never heard it put better:lol:

yeasure

Old School ModularMan
Established Member
I paid 16k with 26k miles on my 98 cobra, it has 38k now.
Havn't taken it to the track, don't drive it hard, normal 95% of the time.
I'll sell her for 15k np.:coolman:

blacksnake1960

Established Member
One thing about the DOHC 4.6 it is meant to be driven not abused so if the car is driven it should be a good purchase. Kelly Blue Book says the car is worth about 15 grand but you can walk them down and get a good price for the car. But it isnt the car that is painful, it is the insurance.

yeasure

Old School ModularMan
Established Member
My insurance went up 8 bucks going from a GT to a Cobra.
I pay 82 bucks a month.

love bandit2

Established Member
My insurance company bends me over the counter every month. They ****ing rip me off and it pisses me off, but theres nothing I can do about it. My insurance is more expensive than my payment... total bullshit... I would kill for insurance thats under 200 a month.

Users who are viewing this thread