Milan - Last Day - Anyone Going?

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
I'll be there at 1pm today. I want to get in a few passes before the season ends. I'm having chip problems though so I hope the car acts right for me.

Chip Problems = Bad chip from Autologic. I'll have a new one soon.

Blue03

Established Member
Unit, wish you some luck, I was going to go but I tried installing the MRT H-pipe I just bought and was rewarded with a piece of junk, so right now the car is not operational. Let us know how it goes!!

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Sorry to hear about that Blue. You to Snakebite. I know the feeling. The dealer had my car for almost 3 weeks. I felt like driving the Focus (loaner car) into a brick wall.

I just closed the gap on my plugs to .035. That should help a bit along with the Bassani catback. Hopefully I'll see a few MCT's out there.
Livernois Motorsports is going to re-burn a chip for me real quick then I'm off to the track.

I'll let you guys know how I do...

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Originally posted by Blue03
Unit, wish you some luck, I was going to go but I tried installing the MRT H-pipe I just bought and was rewarded with a piece of junk, so right now the car is not operational. Let us know how it goes!!

That's not what I wanted to hear, dang.:nonono:

Hope you get it sorted bud.

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
MRT posted a dyno graph a while ago on their web site. '03 Cobra with stock H, Bassani X, and their H. The Bassani X was a hands down winner. Supposedly this new H pipe is better? but we'll have to see.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Bad news to report men...

My car is down on power big time. I cut a horrible 2.3 60' due to an elderly gentleman (in a Torch Red '03 Cobra!) driving through the water box with F1's. He left water all over the line. Anyway, I powershifted flawlessly and the car felt like it was on a string. The only problem is that when I hit 3rd it just didn't pull anymore. I ended up running a 13.3 @ 101mph. I tried making another pass and I missed 3rd gear. I think I broke the MGW shift handle. I'll pull it off tomorrow. Sounds like it's time for that pro 5.0 shifter I've wanted.

I believe I was running on 7 cylinders...maybe 6, not sure. Like I said earlier in this post. I closed the gap on the plugs. Maybe I didn't connect the wires fully. I checked them at the track and they were fine though. I bought some new plugs tonight. I'll swap them out. I also ran a brand new chip tonight. It's the same tune I've been running so that shouldn't be the problem. Either way, Dan Millen at Livernois is going to courteous enough to check it out for me tomorrow. We'll strap it on the dyno and sort things out.

I'm disappointed because it was the last track day of the year...bummer. I was extremely embarrassed too because there were quite a few nice Terminators there. I definitely didn't represent. I figured I'd run a 11.8 @ 119mph or so for sure.

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
That's a bummer Unit...but hey...at least you got it out to the track and worked that bug to the surface. Now you have plenty of time to re-group for next season and squash that damn bug!.:beer:

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
BIG mod plans for the winter too Snakebite. I'm shooting for 10's my first time out next year. Gotta work out the kinks first.

Call that dealer and tell them to hurry up with your car!

Blue03

Established Member
Unit, sorry to hear about the troubles as it sounds like there were few delays at the track. I really wanted to go but this pipe debacle slowed me down. I'm sorry to say but there is nothing good to report on the MRT pipe. The passenger side had a fairly good leak no matter what I did. I had it up on my hoist so getting it up there and supporting it was no problem. They give you a new gasket but this did not help. I tried keeping everything loosely in place and tightening it, one side then the other, swapping the gasket and following the directions as sent.............nothing worked. Frustration finally set in after 4 hours and I said enough. I will be sending this back to Ninosport(where I bought it) and I am hoping they will not give me any problems about returning it. One other thing to note, one of my O2 sensors was seized after I ran the car. I had less than 10 min of run time on this, it should not have happened. Half the threads on the pass front O2 pulled out when I removed it. It did not go in hard so I haven't been able to figure out why. I got lucky and was able to save it though. Looks like the current X-pipes(Bassani, Magnaflow) are still the only decent ones. Long story short I would not purchase the MRT pipe. Sorry for rambling, needed to vent on this one, thanks for the support postban, unit and the rest..............

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
Blue03:

Maybe you had one of their first run pipes? Were the shipping labels from JBA? They make the new one.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Sorry to hear about your problems with the h-pipe Blue. I hope you get a refund from the vendor you bought it from. Either that or they send you a quality piece.

Going to dyno my car in a few hours. I'll post the results...

Blue03

Established Member
Originally posted by MidLifeC
Blue03:

Maybe you had one of their first run pipes? Were the shipping labels from JBA? They make the new one.
MidlifeC, I do not remember seeing JBA on any of the packaging, wonder if you might be right? At this point I need to return it but I will check into it further. I'll keep everyone posted.

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
Check Stangnet forums; i think it was in modular 4.6. The original run was known for poor fitment and weld slag. Give MRT a call, some people posted that they exchanged the original units.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Just an update on my situation guys...

I got the car dyno'd after I swapped the plugs. It put down 451rwhp on the first and only dyno run. No power loss, no surging, nothing. She's good as new! :)

Blue03

Established Member
Unit, that's good news! The numbers look good. I guess that ends the year on a good note and that's a good thing. The pipe saga update: I spoke with Nino at Ninosport. He suggested he would send a pipe he is going to install and test on his own personal Cobra. He advised they are only doing an article/story on the pipe for I believe it's Mustang exhaust?? He says he will make sure there are no leaks and then send it out. He says they are setting it up tomorrow and will be done by Thursday. He says the pipe would ship on Monday. I agreed to this to give them a chance to make it right. Let's see where this goes.

Users who are viewing this thread