Mil Eliminator

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Has anybody seen this Mil Eliminator yet? For those of you with off-road exhaust this looks like a better solution then splicing into the stock harnesses.
latespc_cur.jpg

http://www.dallasmustang.com/mileliminator.htm

mineral03

Established Member
yeah, ive got those on my car... seem to work ok!! i had to get another one from a buddy of mine, cause one of mine was bad (kept turning the light on). screw splicing, spenda afew bucks extra and just plug em in

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
I went this way as well. A lot of folks said a Bassani - X with cats would not activate the CEL.. but on my 01 it sure did. So I took no chances and got the exact ones you have pictured here. No problems with the install and no CEL. I did the splice in ones on my '01. That was a PITA. I second Mineral03. Spend a couple extra bucks and go first class.

Goldy

Established Member
I've got the Bassani X-pipe w/cats and Bassani catback system on both my '99 and '03. I've heard of others having issues with the 'check engine/service engine soon' lights coming on, but I've never had this problem on either of my cars. (note: I've got the '03 Bassani x-pipe w/cats and '03 catback on my '03, not the '99/'01 system).

On a post somewhere, I did read where Bassani at some point started using a cat of lesser quality part after they released the '99/'01 system (my '99 system may have the older cats as I ordered the system when I purchased the car). On another post, I read that the '01 Cobras were a bit more sensitive (from a computer standpoint) which caused the light to come on.

I really do not definitively know some people have the problem and others don't when using the Bassani cats. I do know that the cats which come with the '03 x-pipe are designed for the '03 (higher flow). Again, I've had no problems with the Bassani cats what-so-ever on either car; I do not use the MIL eliminators on either one. Acutally, I'm very pleased with them.

I'd offer to try using the system w/o the MIL eliminators and see what happens. You could always add them later should you need to, but my hunch is that you won't.

Howard
Indy SVTOA chapter director

'99 Cobra Vert; Electric Green w/Black Top
'03 Cobra Vert; Black w/Black Top

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Howard,
Good points.. I don't KNOW that the Bassani-X would have caused a problem on my '03. ( I did use the system off the '01) I KNOW it caused a problem on the '01. Twice I had the CEL reset before I just went with the Mil Elim.

I didn't want to even start having that issue with my '03 and have to take it in to have the CEL reset. They would have to run some tests and there would be a record of what they found. Figured I'd rather not have that on my car's record.

Users who are viewing this thread