Midwest tuners?

wandler20

Established Member
What are some of the better tuners in the midwest? I am from North Dakota and am thinking about putting a Whipple or KB in my 03 Cobra. I want the work done at a place that actually has done the work before and can dyno it on site. Suggestions?

sedanman

Established Member
I think Detroit is a haul for you but if not I strongly reccomend Lidio at alternative auto. Tell him Jeff with the yellow cobra sent you and he will set you up.

wandler20

Established Member
sedanman said:
I think Detroit is a haul for you but if not I strongly reccomend Lidio at alternative auto. Tell him Jeff with the yellow cobra sent you and he will set you up.

A little further than what I want to travel. Thanks for the reply though...

tim87tr

Maximum Torque Mission
Established Member
sedanman said:
Is there any place closer? I live 2 hours west of Indy. I have noticed it appears difficult to find a dyno and tuner for the Cobras. I am about 4 hours south of Chicago but haven't found a place up there yet, and really don't want to travel through there either. I am 3 hours east of St. Louis, and have only found one shop there, and think they do more of a canned tune.

sedanman

Established Member
I know speedinc tunes cobras but I know nothing about the quality of there work.

I am very fond of alternative auto cause the tune is always safe, makes good power and Lidio's knowledge is second to none.

I have had atleast 5 friends make the trip since my car has been done and everyone has been happy and said its worth the trip.

T_Factor

Established Member
Last edited:

tim87tr

Maximum Torque Mission
Established Member
T_Factor said:
Couple folks I have used...

Bob Kurgan @ Kurgan Motorsports :rockon: www.kurganmotorsports.com

Larry @ Speed Inc. :rockon: www.speedinc.com

I haven't used, but, have heard from folks that Hans over @ Deans Performance is top notch too.
www.deansperformance.com

I am far from being an expert on cars. If you want some further input from people around here... Tune into www.chicagosvt.com

Best of Luck!

Thanks, not trying to threadjack, but this is good midwest tuning info.

I do know about those shops, but Deans doesn't have a dyno. I see DID race engineering has a dyno. I emailed to see who does their tunes. I did search a lot on chicagosvt.com to get the basic info I have at this point.:thumbsup: I am trying to put together some good research and info in case I decide to go with a pulley and tune, and with the travel, it would be easiest to have all the work done at one shop.

yellowbra

Established Member
there is a guy in wisconsin here that specializes in mustang especially the 03-04 cobra because he has one. He put a whipple on his and has a dyno right on site. It is called C&M Performance and the owners name is Marv.

T_Factor

Established Member
tim87tr said:
Thanks, not trying to threadjack, but this is good midwest tuning info.

I do know about those shops, but Deans doesn't have a dyno. I see DID race engineering has a dyno. I emailed to see who does their tunes. I did search a lot on chicagosvt.com to get the basic info I have at this point.:thumbsup: I am trying to put together some good research and info in case I decide to go with a pulley and tune, and with the travel, it would be easiest to have all the work done at one shop.

In my case... I had the parts install done by / @ Speed Inc & Bob Kurgan went out there & tuned it. If memory serves... Bob goes out there, Speed Inc., every Tuesday and Saturday. Don't hold me to that, but, I think that is correct.

The sponsors over @ chicagosvt.com rock. You'll be happy with whomever you choose.

Blinkstang put together a video from D.I.D.'s Dyno Day last month.
http://www.chicagosvt.com/forums/showthread.php3?p=253496#post253496

Now get get all that research done and get that car pully & tuned :burnout:

:beer:

Last edited:

04cobradude

Mack Daddy
Established Member
T_Factor said:
In my case... I had the parts install done by / @ Speed Inc & Bob Kurgan went out there & tuned it. If memory serves... Bob goes out there, Speed Inc., every Tuesday and Saturday. Don't hold me to that, but, I think that is correct.

The sponsors over @ chicagosvt.com rock. You'll be happy with whomever you choose.

Blinkstang put together a video from D.I.D.'s Dyno Day last month.
http://www.chicagosvt.com/forums/showthread.php3?p=253496#post253496

Now get get all that research done and get that car pully & tuned :burnout:

:beer:

youre close.. i go out there when i have a few cars scheduled up... I mostly tune out of rockford though. I tune about 10-15 cars in rockford per week and about 2-3 at speed inc... thanks for the referral though!

Users who are viewing this thread