Midwest Cruise 2011 Ia/Ne/Mn/Mo/Ks

Cruise 2011 Attendance

• Total voters

08GOGT

Established Member
Looks like you had a good turn out and alot of fun. Mad I couldn't make it this time around so hopefully theres another one yet this year I could make it too. Hey killersvtcobra, I'll be back in sturgis again this year, won't make it to S.C. that early though. I'm gonna trailer my car up again, not gonna chance it after watching my brother break at the strip last year.

Black Sex

Established Member
Looks like you had a good turn out and alot of fun. Mad I couldn't make it this time around so hopefully theres another one yet this year I could make it too. Hey killersvtcobra, I'll be back in sturgis again this year, won't make it to S.C. that early though. I'm gonna trailer my car up again, not gonna chance it after watching my brother break at the strip last year.

That strip sucked last year. My best 60' was like 2.4 :bash: The week before I was at our track and the week before and the car was 1.7-1.8 60'. I doubt I will dragrace this year. I guess even the JDM guys were bitching about the track

GT4U2NV

Cobra converted coupe!!
Established Member
Ive been wanting to go to Sturgis mustang rally for the last 4yrs now haha. Just never made it up there. If we can get a good omaha group to convoy up, im down. I will even put in for the days off right now. I would trailer my junk up there too. Cant chance breaking something and being stranded.

08GOGT

Established Member
That strip sucked last year. My best 60' was like 2.4 :bash: The week before I was at our track and the week before and the car was 1.7-1.8 60'. I doubt I will dragrace this year. I guess even the JDM guys were bitching about the track

Yeah track did suck, I think I had one 1.8 60' but that was it, but it doesn't help when you have 80 cars on street tires out there.

If anyone wants to meet up from omaha and go up I'm down for that. I think we left at 7 or 8 last year and made it there by 4 last year. I just booked my room at Iron Horse Inn for $65/night in Whitewood. Its about 8 miles west of sturgis. Website looks like they are decent rooms so hopefully they are nice for being so cheap, if not hell I'm only there for 3 nights.

Black Sex

Established Member
Yeah track did suck, I think I had one 1.8 60' but that was it, but it doesn't help when you have 80 cars on street tires out there.

If anyone wants to meet up from omaha and go up I'm down for that. I think we left at 7 or 8 last year and made it there by 4 last year. I just booked my room at Iron Horse Inn for $65/night in Whitewood. Its about 8 miles west of sturgis. Website looks like they are decent rooms so hopefully they are nice for being so cheap, if not hell I'm only there for 3 nights.

I thought about looking into a room thats not in Sturgis, but the Holiday is nice. They even sell :beer: that you can charge right to your room :rockon:
The track was really sticky before we started. It almost pulled my shoe off. But when almost everything is gravel and like you said all the cars running street tires, the stickieness don't last long. The car was still running 95-98 mph

03snkvert

Established Member
OK, I just got an email back from the Iowa Speedway. There annual Car Show is going to be Mid September (around the 18th he thinks) and I would like to try and get a large group of Mustangs to roll up to Newton Iowa (20 min east of Des Moines) from Altoona and all pull in together.

I tried to get something put together last year, but it ended up being a pretty crappy day and only had about 5 cars go up with me.

I don't know if there will be any racing etc or be able to go out on the track and drive or not until the actual flyer comes out.

I know most of the people on here arent big on car shows, but I would just like a big showing of MUSTANGS and this is the only way I can think to get a lot of cars together. I could probably put together some type of short cruise together for the end of the show, but last year it was on a Sunday and I am sure people would want to get home.

If there is enough interest in this, I will start a thread dedicated to this!

Corey

03snkvert

Established Member
Just thought I would post up in here so everyone that attended last year or replied to the thread would get the link for this years cruise.

2012 cruise <----Click

Users who are viewing this thread