Midrange Power Help

audiocableguy

I have a stock 03 F150 HD. Off the line the power is ok for a 4dr truck. the probem is between 40 and 65 mph. What can I do to gain power in this band? Would changing the lower SC pulley be worth while? A Eaton to KB SC change was an idea, however I was told without some engine mods engine life would be short. This is a daily driver so reliabilty is a concern. next week a Diable Sport chip is going in. Any thoughts or suggestion would be great! Thanks.

Lightning owners, The Viper in sheep's clothing is comming!

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by audiocableguy
I have a stock 03 F150 HD. Off the line the power is ok for a 4dr truck. the probem is between 40 and 65 mph. What can I do to gain power in this band? Would changing the lower SC pulley be worth while? A Eaton to KB SC change was an idea, however I was told without some engine mods engine life would be short. This is a daily driver so reliabilty is a concern. next week a Diable Sport chip is going in. Any thoughts or suggestion would be great! Thanks.

Lightning owners, The Viper in sheep's clothing is comming!

Welcome aboard John. Changing the lower pulley and having the chip tuned for it will make a nice difference. I would also get a CAI and catback exhaust system. Check out
www.AMAZONRACING.com

www.TEAMJDM.com
Both great vendors.

I'll move this to a forum made for HD F150s. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread