midpipe recommendations for stinger catback

mustangbob

Established Member
Hey guys,

I installed the stingers last year and they sound pretty good but just want a little more aggressive tone without out drone or rasp. I've listened to some of the videos but a lot of them are just sitting and revving and I am more after the sound of them cruising or WOT. Anyway, I don't want it to loud or annoying that I can't stand driving it or get to much attention from cops since they are ticket happy here. I had found some threads on here about it but they are from 2009 and didn't know if there were any newer recommendations or even if they still made some of them. I think I am leaning towards the bassani catted x pipe but also the magna and dr. gas seemed to have good reviews.

Thanks,

Bob

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
I run the magnapacks with a Pypes catted x-pipe.There is a subtle rumble at idle but they really bark and give you an exhaustgasm when you mash down on the go pedal. There is a little drone, cruising in sixth gear. I've also run the Magnaflow mufflers, they are also loud in the upper rpm's, very quiet at idle and no drone when cruising.

nol300

Established Member
If you don't want rasp I would say you don't want an X pipe espessially a Bassani I had it and was raspy although I had an off road one. I currently run a Mac off road prochamber and with the stingers I love this combo I know there are a few with this setup. But I have always had off road no cats.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I got a ticket when my stingers were coupled with the bassani catted x, but it sure did sound good tho.
I was running stock mufflers for a bit after getting my ticket. I almost picked up a Bassani catback. Once I put these back on I forgot about the Bassani.

I'm running this also. Originally it had no cats but the rasp was crazy. Added cats and they done away with 90% of the rasp.

At one point the old cats fell apart. The car was way too loud that way. The cats bring it down just enough IMO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

2Rare

Against All Odds
Established Member
Can't go wrong with either Bassani or Magnaflow Catted X. I personally like the one piece design of the Magnaflow as the 5 piece design of the Bassani kept on triggering the CEL even though it had high-flow cats

mustangbob

Established Member
Can't go wrong with either Bassani or Magnaflow Catted X. I personally like the one piece design of the Magnaflow as the 5 piece design of the Bassani kept on triggering the CEL even though it had high-flow cats
Is that a common issue with the Bassani?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Is that a common issue with the Bassani?
I never had an issue with mine. Even with a stock tune in my 01 I never got CEL. But you do have to take a little more time lining up the Bassani.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

281CJ

Established Member
On my Mach1 I had a catted BBK X pipe with stingers and I got TONS of compliments.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
Can't go wrong with either a Magnaflow or Bassani catted X-pipe. This is the vid that pushed me to go in that direction. The high flow cats are what sweeten the sound and keep away that terrible Harley blat that happens when running an off-road x-pipe and Stingers.

Users who are viewing this thread