Mid 70's and freakin' loving it!

va boy

Established Member
Why is it that the car is sooo much more fun to drive in warm weather? First time today I have been able to ride with the windows down and no heat on. Picked up my car late November 2010, so this is really the first warm weather I've had since. Thought I liked it a lot before!
Yep, this is a usless thread, I just had to share my feelings of jubilation with a crowd who thinks a car is just more than a way to get from point A to point B. Yall know what i mean!

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Why is it that the car is sooo much more fun to drive in warm weather? First time today I have been able to ride with the windows down and no heat on. Picked up my car late November 2010, so this is really the first warm weather I've had since. Thought I liked it a lot before!
Yep, this is a usless thread, I just had to share my feelings of jubilation with a crowd who thinks a car is just more than a way to get from point A to point B. Yall know what i mean!

Not a useless thread. It is about Terminators and about enjoying them in a general way.

This is EXACTLY what Terminator talk is here for!

Aside from the pleasure of cruising with the windows down on a nice day and being able to hear all those very visceral and unique Terminator sounds, Extreme performance summer only tires work best above a certain temperature.

Sliding around at the slightest crack of the throttle, while excellent for developing your driving skills,(slip & catch drills) it can become tedious and worrisome when you really just want TO GO!

Nice days equals better HOOK. Better hook = More Gs felt.
Gs are good!:rockon::beer:

1320 Junkie

Established Member
68* here in CT but our roads are so f-d up i wouldnt break the car out anyways...we need some rain now to wash the roads down....have fun, im definately envious

va boy

Established Member
You're right again Jimmy, I falied to mention this is the first time I have got ride around on my NT05's I just took out of hibernation. They were absolutely made for this weather.
And the visceral part that Jimmy mentioned, great description. Good friend of mine has a GT500, great car, I've driven it. What it lacks in my opinion is the pure mechanical, raw feel of the my Terminator. I honelstly don't think I would trade cars with him.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
68* here in CT but our roads are so f-d up i wouldnt break the car out anyways...we need some rain now to wash the roads down....have fun, im definitely envious

Yeah, the temp here in Cheshire was mid-60s which felt like Spring (if your eyes were closed). But we still have lots of snow everywhere except the streets and sidewalks. I did get out to drive around a bit, but the roads are pretty dirty the real driving fun will have to wait about month. :)

A really nice day, though. :thumbsup:

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
It is only supposed to be around 40 degrees here tomorrow when I go and pick up my 03 Cobra from the performance shop.

I talked with the owner last night and he said the car made 490 RWHP with the new stage V and 2.76 upper only.

So I should have an interesting 2 1/2 hour ride back home.:banana:

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member

living in San Diego, luckily I'm able to drive the Cobra 99.9% of the time to it's fullest extent.. (never breaking the law, I go to Mexico for that ;-) ) but I know what you mean, because I used to live in Elko Nevada, and there would be months at a time where the Cobra would be parked, covered in snow (I didn't have a garage)

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
It is only supposed to be around 40 degrees here tomorrow when I go and pick up my 03 Cobra from the performance shop.

I talked with the owner last night and he said the car made 490 RWHP with the new stage V and 2.76 upper only.

So I should have an interesting 2 1/2 hour ride back home.:banana:
yes it will congrats to you, enjoy

66 here today and they're calling for 40's over the weekend, planning my weekend totally around starting it up tomorrow for the first time in like 3 months, a good wash and taking her out

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Ahhh dammit! I can only wish for good weather, jealous of all you guys but my time will come.....eventually.

cobra=trouble

Established Member
mid 70s ? i was thinking this was a car post on a mid 70 mustang LOL.
don't know but it was warm here today also..my car is apart too. it's just a cobra thing !

SlowSVT

Established Member
I live in Los Angeles

Isn't it always in the 70's?

I dunno. Maybe I'm just not getting it :shrug:

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
It was SO nice today. First time it was in the 70s in Maryland in i dont even remember how long. Its crazy how you can forget what a nice day feels like in a matter of months.

GTIZZL

Established Member
There's been a couple days here where its been 65-75 and I'm lovin every minute I get with the top down!

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Been high 70`s low 80`s here. I`ve driven mine to work everyday since Wednesday, it`s been great. Next week is supposed to be the same with almost no chance of rain.

Users who are viewing this thread