Microwave missile test a success!

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Boeing Successfully Tests Microwave Missile That Takes Out Electronic Targets « CBS St. Louis

Pretty cool!

Boeing successfully tests a new missile that can take out electronic targets with little collateral damage.

The aerospace company tested the microwave missile last week on a two-story building on the Utah Test and Training Range where computers and electronic systems were turned on to gauge the effects of the missile’s radio waves, according to a Boeing press release.

The missile, known as CHAMP (Counter-electronics High-powered Advanced Missile Project), fired a burst of High Powered Microwaves at the building, successfully knocking out the electronic systems and computers, and even taking out the television cameras recording the test.

“This technology marks a new era in modern-day warfare,” Keith Coleman, CHAMP program manager for Boeing Phantom Works, said in the press release. “In the near future, this technology may be used to render an enemy’s electronic and data systems useless even before the first troops or aircraft arrive.”

Seven targets were taken out in total during the one-hour test which left no collateral damage.

Coleman believes this can be a huge advancement forward in non-lethal warfare.

“Today we turned science fiction into science fact,” Coleman said in the press release.

James Dodd, vice president of Advanced Boeing Military Aircraft, is hoping to get these microwave missiles in the field sooner rather than later.

Members of the U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory Directed Energy Directorate and Raytheon Ktech also took part in the test.

Boeing Defense, Space & Security division is headquartered in St. Louis.

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member
Couldn’t a Trophy (countermeasure) system take the missile out?

At what range does the microwaves from the missile become effective?

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
Oh yeah? Well "we have a hulk" so...

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
As cool as this is I wish that there was more secrecy about it. It seems like we have to brag about everything now. I'd rather the enemy not know what hit them.

KurtDog

Established Member
Get your tinfoil hats out, they can fry your brains from space now.

Planter

Banned
aight so it works. why hasnt it been deployed and used against Iran yet? :shrug:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

bmore1186

Established Member
Microwave technology in general has already been in use. When I was in Iraq they had Humvee equipped with microwave sats to beam towards the enemy. Pretty much to make them feel like they were on fire from the inside. This missile is a new idea though.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Military advances like this are always intriguing. This is very cool. Next step......

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
As cool as this is I wish that there was more secrecy about it. It seems like we have to brag about everything now. I'd rather the enemy not know what hit them.

If they're bragging about it you know they're dozens of steps ahead of it. When we finally started bragging about the F117 it had been around and doing work for a fair amount of time already.

And finally! Now I can make every single hot pocket in my house before I even leave work with a remote missile launch.

Now if only they could do something about those ****ing things being stone cold in the center and lava everywhere else.

oldmodman

Established Member
I wonder if it can be scaled down to fit in a car.

Imagine how much more fun those televised police chases would be if everyone had that device. The crooks could bring down the helicopters, the cops could stop the crooks, and everyone could use it to clear the slowpokes out of their way.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I wonder if it can be scaled down to fit in a car.

Imagine how much more fun those televised police chases would be if everyone had that device. The crooks could bring down the helicopters, the cops could stop the crooks, and everyone could use it to clear the slowpokes out of their way.

Get away cars would have to be old school diesels with mechanical injection.:rockon:

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Get away cars would have to be old school diesels with mechanical injection.:rockon:

In the past I have wished that I had a small EMP in my car for whenever some jerk on a cell phone cut me off! Guess I'll have to put one in my all mechanical and carbed Datsun 210 and go out and fry some aholes!

04svtsnke

Established Member
If they're bragging about it you know they're dozens of steps ahead of it. When we finally started bragging about the F117 it had been around and doing work for a fair amount of time already.

And finally! Now I can make every single hot pocket in my house before I even leave work with a remote missile launch.

Now if only they could do something about those ****ing things being stone cold in the center and lava everywhere else.

Lol, too funny. Great concept that's been brought to light. I look forward to hearing the effects these have with future wars and even our current ones if they plan to use them.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Halal Hot Pocket collateral damage. this could be devastating!

Users who are viewing this thread