Microfiber + glass= streaking?!

numbnutz

Established Member
What are you guys using to clean your windows? I use CG glass cleaner and microfibers and my windows are always streaked. I only wash my microfibers with CG microfiber wash, never mix with cotton towels, no fabric softener, no dryer sheets. And I know the sun/ warm glass will cause streaking.

Is this normal? Thanks guys..

redrocket16

Established Member
It's the towels IMO assuming you mean you are using the same type as you would use on your paint. I personally use Adam's for their glass cleaner and their towels and I find 0 streaks when I am finished.

I also would suggest using different patterns when cleaning windows so that if there are any streaks you can see if they are on the inside or outside easily. For the outside I will usually use the up and down motion and for the inside of the window I will go side to side, if you see a streak up and down you know it's on the outer part of the glass. Hope this helps.

Steve@CJPP

You'll find this crazy but Stoner Invisible Glass Aerosol and a newspaper work really well. Qwikhuh on here taught me that, he does it to all his cars and I have never seen a streak in his windows.

8gtoklr

Established Member
I use CG Revive polish on the windows, its helps a little bit. Apply using up and down , side to side motion. no circles

4601S/C

Established Member
I have had great results with Meguairs Perfect Clarity cleaner and an Autozone Glass cleaning microfiber towels.

EDIT: Recently started trying my Hybrid V7 on glass too, and it works well.

Last edited:

niterydr

Established Member
Another vote for Stoners and a microfiber. Never had any problems with that.

And I second the newspaper too. I didn't believe it at first until I tried it.

Merlinii

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
Established Member
Fast Glass - 100% Streak Free Glass Cloth
Wet thoroughly, Wring out completely, Flatten and fold, Wipe dirty surface, Walk away

numbnutz

Established Member
Thanks guys. I find it hard to believe it would be the CG glass cleaner. I have several different makes of microfibers and they all streak. Yeah, I have heard about using newspapers for years just never tried it.

The different direction of wiping inside/ outside is genius.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Use 2 towels.

Hit the window with glass cleaner, use the microfiber to clean it off, and then go over it with a dry microfiber. I don't use cleaners anymore unless the windows are really bad, even waterless wash will come out perfect using 2 towels.

UncleDan

Established Member
"Microfiber wash soap" and/or any other "enhancing/rejuvenating/amazing" microfiber wash product out there is all hype. I have never used CG's products, but I am sure their glass cleaner works great. If you already have some quality MF towels, just wash them with ordinary washing detergent. Make sure you don't over use the detergent (if anything use slightly less detergent) when washing. Mine come out perfect every time and don't streak.

Merlinii

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
Established Member
Fast Glass - 100% Streak Free Glass Cloth
Wet thoroughly, Wring out completely, Flatten and fold, Wipe dirty surface, Walk away

Did I mention the Fast Glass - Glass Cloth?
Wet, Wring out, Flatten, Fold, Wipe glass, Done.
One towel, No Chemicals, No Sprays, Streak Free.

Electrokid

Established Member
Use 2 towels.

Hit the window with glass cleaner, use the microfiber to clean it off, and then go over it with a dry microfiber. I don't use cleaners anymore unless the windows are really bad, even waterless wash will come out perfect using 2 towels.
This is how I do my windows, and I don't get streaks anymore. Use a glass towel with Stoners glass cleaner for the first wipe down, and then a higher pile dry microfiber to buff it all off.

Charliesgramps

Established Member
I use Stoner's Invisible Glass Cleaner and Detailer Master Pro premium glass microfiber towels. Works great and no streaks.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Meg's D120
2 glass towels (from Autogeek, etc; the correct towels on glass can make a big difference!)

Use 1 for the initial cleaning and the 2nd for a second wipedown

Users who are viewing this thread