Mickey Thompson ET streets

Y2k4cobra

Bohemian Bandit II
Established Member
I have ran them on my superbee on the street, they work great but in a cobra I hope you have a SRA otherwise you are going to be replacing half shafts. Also these are a bais ply tire so you might get a floating feeling in the rear of the car if your running radials in the front.. You are probably better off getting a drag radial like BFG or the mickey thompson dr.

yomommas

Banned
I have ran them on my superbee on the street, they work great but in a cobra I hope you have a SRA otherwise you are going to be replacing half shafts. Also these are a bais ply tire so you might get a floating feeling in the rear of the car if your running radials in the front.. You are probably better off getting a drag radial like BFG or the mickey thompson dr.

As far as getting traction do you think the et street hooks better than a dr? I am either getting a 26x11x17" et street or a 345 dr on an 18 inch rim. I mostly am concerned about street racing but will also hit up the drag strip? I have heard different opinions. Some people say a et street won't hook on the street

black04vert

Established Member
As far as getting traction do you think the et street hooks better than a dr? I am either getting a 26x11x17" et street or a 345 dr on an 18 inch rim. I mostly am concerned about street racing but will also hit up the drag strip? I have heard different opinions. Some people say a et street won't hook on the street
I have both ET street and Mickey Dr, depends on the street and prep you do, burn out with VHT or water, I like the DR's on the street better seem to hook a little better then the Et's. ET's I run at 14psi and they drift a little hook good depending on the road, chipped road does not help, Thee Dr's work better on chipped roads that is what I use

yomommas

Banned
I have both ET street and Mickey Dr, depends on the street and prep you do, burn out with VHT or water, I like the DR's on the street better seem to hook a little better then the Et's. ET's I run at 14psi and they drift a little hook good depending on the road, chipped road does not help, Thee Dr's work better on chipped roads that is what I use

Thanks for all your help. What psi do you run your dr's at? 25ish???

Y2k4cobra

Bohemian Bandit II
Established Member

I to also like the drag radials on the street, the nice thing with the DR is if you get stuck in the rain if you take it easy you will make it home, on a et street good luck on going a block. Another thing I noticed with the DR I still pick up some crap off the road like pebels and stones, with et et streets I picked up everything with those tires.. I think the DR hook better on a road too. I'm running a 18 inch BFG DR and I keep the psi at 25 for street, 18psi for the track.

Last edited:

Venimus03

Established Member

Wrong, ET streets are better for track use because of the soft sidewall, this will actually soak up most of the shock from the launch and will make it less abusive to the h/s. The soft sidewall also gets rid of wheel hop which is the destroyer of h/s. That being said drag radials for the street and ET Streets for the track!

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Wrong, ET streets are better for track use because of the soft sidewall, this will actually soak up most of the shock from the launch and will make it less abusive to the h/s. The soft sidewall also gets rid of wheel hop which is the destroyer of h/s. That being said drag radials for the street and ET Streets for the track!
Amen brutha!!!

Users who are viewing this thread