Mickey thompson discontinued ETstreet 2's

toomnymods

Established Member
Been told they are doing away with that line up as the new ET street SS is a better constructed tire.

Lol better for who? The idiots who try to drive thier dragradials in the rain?
My car is purely a toy for the weekends and want maximum dry weather traction..
This just might push me over the edge to sell my forgestars and use my welds fulltime. This pisses me off.

debit_free_2010

Established Member
Lol better for who? The idiots who try to drive thier dragradials in the rain?
My car is purely a toy for the weekends and want maximum dry weather traction..
This just might push me over the edge to sell my forgestars and use my welds fulltime. This pisses me off.

Looks like the ET Street Radial 2's are still available, Not sure what you're complaining about with their new SS line, it's supposed to be the same tire with noted better water evacuation, and about 20 bucks cheaper per tire.

toomnymods

Established Member
Actually their about 60 bucks more per tire at jegs, Atleast last time I seen them available at jegs
2 months ago the et street 2's where 308.00 a piece and these new SS tires are 367.00 each..

Last edited:

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
The SS's are suppose to be better... Hopefully they can do a better job at making these tire's round this time.

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
Been mid 1.4 60s on the et street 2s 305/35/20. Street ss are the same tire with better water shedding. I daily on the et streets so better in the rain is good. I have friends who run the ss and cannot tell the difference.

Tx5.0

Established Member
Has anyone tried the Nitto NT05r's? I like that they are about $100 cheaper per tire than the MT's but do they hook as well?

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I've gone 1.54 on 315/40/18 NT05r's... They don't hook as good as a MT. They have a stiffer side wall & not quite as soft. Descent roll race tire for high speeds.

BMR Tech

For my 19's...they actually did go down in price.

But they also went down in diameter from 27.9 to 27.4.....

WTF Mickey Thompson! lol... I would gladly spend $40 more per tire for a "28"

20lbbooster

Established Member
I just picked up a set of ET street SS 305/40/18 for my street tires. Mounted on 18x10 brembo replicas. Wanted to look stock. Haven't tried them out yet, but the tires look great!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    960.6 KB · Views: 462

Mercuryfox50

Established Member
The ET Street S/S basically has the same tread-to-void ratio, compound and steel-belted construction as the ET Street Radial II. The tread void has been redistributed for improved hydroplane resistance.
The ET Street R (Radial Sizes) use the same construction and compound as the ET Street Radial Pro with little tread void.
The ET Street R (Bias Sizes) are still the optimum choice for clutch-equipped applications.

Users who are viewing this thread