Michelin PSS First Impression.

BOD89LX

Established Member
I got a chance to take my car for a drive today with my new PSS in stock sizes. It was about 52 degrees out and getting dark out. They still pick up rocks but not near as bad as the GY's. Ok first gear still out of the question but second gear was fine after getting a few miles on them and a little heat from just driving. I was able to do second gear rolls from 30-60 and the tires hels almost everytime. Third gear you don't even have to worry about if it will hold. They seem to ride nicer and produce less road noise and seem to respond very good to steering inputs. I was out a few days ago with the GY's and could not get first or second gear to hold at all but third gear would hold if the road wasn't bumpy. So all in all they are a improvement over the GY's for normal street driving and even some playing around. I would guess the GY's are just as good or better when used in warmer temps and with a good amount of heat in them. I never had any problems with the GY's other then traction in cooler weather and all the MF'n rocks they picked up.

Derek5774

Established Member
you said it, GY's ok with heat in them, how do you heat them?, spin them, and then there is no tread left before you know it, I use the PSS's they are a better

BOD89LX

Established Member
you said it, GY's ok with heat in them, how do you heat them?, spin them, and then there is no tread left before you know it, I use the PSS's they are a better

Yea you said I am not a big fan of having to do a burn out to get them hot. I will also add that those who have stock cars you should have no problem getting first gear to hook with a little practice . I plan to run at least one 1/2 mile event and maybe make it down In the fall to try and run the Texas mile.

railroad

Established Member
I can believe the GYs, which I still have on my '13, are easily out performed by the M & Ps, but I am surprised how well the Shelby performed for all the test and comparisons with the stock GYs. After the test, there are always, what ifs, but those that have changed out the stock tires probably know how much of an advantage diff tires would have made. On another issue for the test writers, a major complaint was the up and down bounciness of the Shelby. My last trip, I noticed the up and down was gone or hardly noticeable. I guess the shocks, springs and rubber bushings have settled.

RSH427R

Established Member
I need to upgrade. My car is still in storage because of these stupid tires. Sucks, it gets up to 70 during the day and its in the 30s in the morning.

Anindya

Established Member
Nice review. I've been driving around with the stock Goodyears and traction was not a problem so far, even in pouring rain. The temperature has been hovering just below 10 deg C (52 F). Of course, I've been gentle with the throttle.

They seem okay for regular driving. I'm thinking about changing into PSS when it gets colder.

Users who are viewing this thread