Michelin Cup 2's or R888R's

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks like you have good clearance with the 30 aspect. Based on the dust imprint on the thread contact, these tires might not be that bad in the rain. What sort of air pressure are you running?

OldYeller

Established Member
Premium Member
Those look solid on your car. What offset is your wheel? I ordered mine this week as well. Had a set put on my 04 a few weeks ago that replaced some old NT05’s. I’ve been super happy with the R888R on that car, hopefully I get the same results with my 11

HKusp

Established Member
I really like the look of the 888's so, from the people here who run them, how are they in the rain? I currently am running Mickey Thompson DR's and they are a bit adventurous shall we say.

shelbygt500_897hp

Established Member
I really like the look of the 888's so, from the people here who run them, how are they in the rain? I currently am running Mickey Thompson DR's and they are a bit adventurous shall we say.

i’ve heard mixed reviews. Some posts on here and in another forum that I frequent, said that they’re good considering what they are and the type of tire they are .

But since I live in Florida and the rainy season is coming almost upon us I will have to get that R888R The respect it deserves

mdoan

Established Member
John I’m running 33 PSI

Did you go with the 30 as opposed to the 35 mainly for clearance reasons, or do you just prefer the look/ performance?

If you chose it for clearance specifically, now that you know you have some room would you consider the 35? Think it’d fit?

shelbygt500_897hp

Established Member
I chose 30 do to OD of the tire to match the fronts OD

the fronts are 27.2 and a 35 would have created abs issues I think

going with the 30 I got a OD of 27.48 well within tolerances

didn’t have to remove the bump stops either

OldYeller

Established Member
Premium Member
I installed mine yesterday and they fit good. Plenty of bump stop clearance on the 20" wheel when its on the ground but it will hit if you let the axle hang. Looking at them on the car I don't think a 35 series would fit without rubbing.

Attachments

• GT500 Rear.jpg
    GT500 Rear.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 140
  • GT500 Fender.jpg
    GT500 Fender.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 119

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Does anyone know the offset for these OEM 20’s? Widened to 11”.
The resulting offset is 69mm. Most guys will run a spacer with that much offset. I had a custom made spacer that was 8mm with my widened SVTPP rear wheels. I had 315/35-20s mounted on these wheels and a 30 aspect would have been a better option.

OP's offset was 50mm with the Shelby CS-14s.

shelbygt500_897hp

Established Member
The resulting offset is 69mm. Most guys will run a spacer with that much offset. I had a custom made spacer that was 8mm with my widened SVTPP rear wheels. I had 315/35-20s mounted on these wheels and a 30 aspect would have been a better option.

OP's offset was 50mm with the Shelby CS-14s.

correct, my CS 14's are a 50 offset. Once these are worn out I will probably go up a size to a 325x30x20 but what little I drove the car with the 315x30x20 I hooked right up to my shift light ( 5500 ) and no loss of traction either in first or second gear. There may be no reason to go up

Users who are viewing this thread