mgw shifter

01_BLK_COBRA

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I jsut ordered the MGW shifter with the blue handle. I am excited as i havenever used an aftermarket shifter before. I am hoping the blue handle isn't to short. i am 6'1" and i dont have any issues with the stock shifter. I do realize my fiance probably won't be able to shift with the blue handle. IS there really a big difference between the blue and the red? I do not see the track at all, jsut my sporty drives around the area. Thanks.

01_BLK_COBRA

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I guess my question is shoudl i give thme a call and switch to red? I am hoping form the experiences you guys have you could help me out. Thanks.

01_BLK_COBRA

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
thanks. I ended up switching to the red so that my fiance would most likely be able to make all the shifts then. We are getting married in Sept. so i better keep her happy...lol

blown01cobra

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
01_BLK_COBRA said:
thanks. I ended up switching to the red so that my fiance would most likely be able to make all the shifts then. We are getting married in Sept. so i better keep her happy...lol

keeps us informed on how you like it. :rockon:

aaron427

Established Member
Let us know how the shifter is. I have been debating about selling the tri-ax, and getting a MGW. Congrats on the marriage coming up. I work for a Jewelry company if you need a wedding gift.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
I have a red handle an it is perfect and I'm about 6'. You made a good choice on the MGW, it's the best:thumbsup:

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
i have the red, at 6' i couldn't imagine having the blue...it would just be too short....and i'm EXTREMELY glad i replaced my pro 5.0 (which i loved) w/ the MGW, if that tells you anything...

stangbuff

Established Member
I'm 6' and have had it installed for three months now (red handle). I love the shifter however I have been missing shifts to 5th recently which never happened up until now or even with the POS stock one. I'm not sure if it's an operator/shifter/tranny issue yet. It's a sweet piece...you'll love it.

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
anybody got any pics? I got the pro 5.0 now but been lookin at getting a new one. thanks.

99cobra66

Established Member
I have a tri-ax right now and have been contemplating the MGW since i hear so many good things... but is it really worth it to swap it out? I mean am i going to regret spending 200 bucks on a second short shifter or not...

01_BLK_COBRA

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I will post picks and give my impression of the MGW with red handle once i am done this weekend. The fiance will be helping me take pics of the install.

trapnm

Established Member
I have only had the MGW blue handle and love it. As far as it being worth it to switch from another. From multiple friends that have tried the others and then spent the money and switched, You definitely should. The MGW is so much better (to them) that they are not pissed about spending the money to buy the MGW after they put it in and love it, only that they spent the money on the others to start with.

Last edited:

CY98Cobra

Established Member
99cobra66 said:
I have a tri-ax right now and have been contemplating the MGW since i hear so many good things... but is it really worth it to swap it out? I mean am i going to regret spending 200 bucks on a second short shifter or not...

If you're happy with your current shifter why change?? The MGW is alot better but unless you're unhappy don't spend the money.

aaron427

Established Member
CY98Cobra said:
If you're happy with your current shifter why change?? The MGW is alot better but unless you're unhappy don't spend the money.
With me it is not that I am unhappy, but if something is better than what I have I would like to get it. My transmission sucks anyways so if this helps me with shifts even a little then it is worth it to buy and sell the steeda.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
aaron427 said:
With me it is not that I am unhappy, but if something is better than what I have I would like to get it. My transmission sucks anyways so if this helps me with shifts even a little then it is worth it to buy and sell the steeda.

my synchro's are starting to get bad, and it was sh!tty shifting w/ the pro 5.0 at high rpms...but it is considerably better w/ the MGW.... and i have noticed it's slight more effort to get it into 5th as stated above, but since you'll not be shifting fast into 5th very often....F IT...

Users who are viewing this thread