MGW Gen II

Ky GT500

Established Member
I know I'm probably late to the party on this, but I put one in last week and what a world of difference it is over our stock shifters. I had done the Revan Racing bushing mod on mine back in '14 and it helped a lot as far as 1-2 lockout. Been holding off on doing the shifter until clutch replacement, but I'm not seeing that coming anytime soon.

Our stock shifters have left so much on the table in regards to functionality in shifting. The MGW is a huge jump over the stock one. It's like driving a new car. It's even more of a pleasure to drive now with this shifter.

I hate that I waited this long to upgrade to the MGW, but so glad I did.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

NJredfire03

Established Member
Absolutely a great shifter. And MGW is a great company to deal with. Top notch all around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
George absolutely crushed this one. He successfully integrated single axis shaft architecture in place of the factory pendulum design - something nobody else has done. MGW is the industry leader, period.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
Don't feel bad. I had this shifter sitting in my garage since Nov of 14 and today got to see what all the fuss was about. I can't believe I waited this long , love it !!!

Dinosgt

Established Member
I can't even get the car up in the air.

I did mine on race ramps and the cradles for the back wheels. Took me a full day because I am a detail nut. I am an old man, but pushed through, laying on my back. The video is hyper helpful.

The MGW is one of the nicest pieces I have ever seen from the aftermarket. As Snoopy points out, its a shame its glory is covered by the shifter boot. Its that nice, and it comes totally complete - and to top it off, George is a great human being and happy to talk to you.

Don't delay...get er done...

Cheers

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I drove the car around a lot last night and the more I drive the more the shifter seems to break in, but I will say my 2-3 shifts have never been better.

Ky GT500

Established Member
Super simple instal,,,I also referred to the video the whole time, nothing un expected or not explained by the video. Did mine on jack stands, no issues at all.

Snoopy49

Established Member
I wish that Ford had made it easier to jack these cars up. What a pain in the butt they are, especially when you need to support the front end on jack stands. That's why a went with the Race Ramps and cribs. The rear cribs are a pain because you have to jack the back up in stages in order to get the rear wheels 10" off the ground. By going with the 2 piece cribs you can jack it up until you get 5" under the rear tires, set the wheels on one half of the crib and then place the jack under rear axle center section and jack it up until you can add the other half of the crib. Once you have it up, it is easy to gain access to the underside of the car, front and rear. I replaced the shifter and the panhard bar and support and was also able to do some cleanup. Being old and broken, it take me a while do get the job done, but I don't trust other people when it comes to working on my car, so I do what I can, when I can and keep hitting it until the job is done. There's nothing worse than paying someone to screw up my car, when I can do it for free.
Make sure you chock the front wheels on the ramps before jacking up the rearend.

Car on Race Ramps and Cribs.JPG

Last edited:

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
John, is that shifter ball a custom job? or is it what you get when you choose the Cobra side emblem with the Officially Licensed Logo Ball?

Ky GT500

Established Member
John, is that shifter ball a custom job? or is it what you get when you choose the Cobra side emblem with the Officially Licensed Logo Ball?

That's the one from Shelby, with the 12mm course thread adapter and MGW's jam nut that I painted black. That's the standard height handle also,,,

Users who are viewing this thread